Le site Bellaciao: coloré, multiple, ou le meilleur cotoie fort heureusement le pire, mélangé, bizarre, picabien et dadaîste, explorant toutes sortes de registres et de régimes rhétoriques, drole et polémiqueur, surréaliste: rencontre d'un parapluie et d'une machine à coudre sur une table de dissection, têtes de Lénine sur le clavier d'un piano Steinway ou Bosendorfer...
FR
ES
Senal en Vivo
VIDEO
RADIO
FRIENDS SITES
with Bellaciao
Bellaciao hosted by
To rebel is right, to disobey is a duty, to act is necessary !
Bellaciao  mobile version   |   Home  |   About us   |   Donation  |   Links  |   Contact  |   Search
Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack

by : Anthony Wade
Friday July 8, 2005 - 02:31
18 comments

Wow, al Qaeda must be the stupidest terrorists, no wait, stupidest people period, on this entire planet. Their purported goal is to shake the will of the western powers that have invaded Iraq, and to drive them out, no? Then can someone please explain to me the logic of the London bombings? No seriously, it is time to apply logic to these events. Please do not hand me the nonsense about these people being “killers” who do not apply logic. You do not become the number one terrorist organization without having some logic, no? We are expected to swallow that these people were smart enough to circumvent our billion dollar intelligence and air defense systems with box cutters, but they cannot play coherent cause-effect scenarios out in their mind prior to carrying out terrorist activities? I doubt that very much.

Just this week, it was reported that England had drafted plans to pull out their troops, gone, see you later, victory for al Qaeda, right? So we are to believe then that the orchestrated response to these plans was to blow up a double decker bus, in England. Now, can you guess what the most likely response to such an event would be:

1) Pull the troops out faster 2) Galvanize public support, thus keeping the troops in Iraq

Those of you that selected number one, I will assume you work for the Bush administration. Those of you that selected number two, good job. Now that we have established the enormous stupidity in the England bombings, the next logical front to examine is here in the United States.

Let’s examine the political climate here in this country just prior to this “attack”. Support for the Iraq War was at an all time low. People were unmoved by the President’s speech, dropping his overall approval rating to 43%. The drums of impeachment were growing louder with each passing day, with the revelations that the Downing Street Memos do indeed prove that George Bush committed felonies in lying to Congress and starting war without Congressional approval. Also on our political front was the Valerie Plame story and how it appears there is a good chance that Karl Rove committed treason in outing a covert CIA operative, who just happened to be assigned to uncovering WMD. Considering the closeness of Rove to Bush, if these allegations proved to be true, then how much of a stretch is it to assume Bush had complete foreknowledge of the revenge against Joe Wilson by outing his wife.

Now the corporate media has tried very hard to ignore these stories. We have had coverage of the Michael Jackson trial, and most recently the missing girl in Aruba for months now as Bush’s world unraveled daily. No offense to the Holloway family but the story about Natalie’s events should not be a lead story on any news show, with the possibility of impeachment, treason, and the Iraq War events happening daily. But there was our media, firmly in the pocket of George Bush, pimping the pain of the Holloway family as the most important news story. This aside though, the real stories were finally starting to poke through. Mainstream media received so many complaints about their ignoring potentially Bush-damaging stories, that they finally had to cover them.

Now, from al Qaeda’s perspective one would logically conclude this is a good thing. We were told by the Bushies that a vote for John Kerry was a vote for al Qaeda because they were so afraid of the great warrior, Bush. Considering the plummeting poll numbers for Bush and calls from the grass roots in this country for his political head, one should conclude that al Qaeda would be happy that the news had finally turned its attention to the possibility of getting rid of Bush. Please do not hand me the nonsense about how they do not look at these events. We are led to believe that al Qaeda runs their own website so they can leak stories that help Bush and claim credit for their own terrorist activities so it is obvious they are on the cutting edge of technology and Internet news.

So I ask again, given that the events in the US are in the favor of al Qaeda, and that public opinion for the war had been steadily eroding, I must ask the obvious question. Why in the world would they now carry out another terrorist mission? Are we honestly to believe they did not think about what the ramifications were? If the war was going poorly for them and the world was united against them, then I could understand an attack to break our will, but when things are going well, why in the world would they carry out this attack? It has now been reported that: “BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner said a previously unknown group calling itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe had claimed to be behind the attacks in a statement posted on an Islamist website. The group’s statement said the attacks were revenge for the "massacres" Britain was committing in Iraq and Afghanistan and that the country was now "burning with fear and panic", he added.” Uh-huh. So, al Qaeda carried out the attacks for the massacres committed by the British troops, which are miniscule in comparison to the US. They further carried out the attacks in complete obliviousness to the news of the imminent British troop pullout. They further carried out these attacks despite the fact that Bush’s poll numbers were in the toilet and heading lower, leading to a possibility of impeachment. They further carried out these attacks even though the media had finally begun to cover the stories that could be potentially damaging to the entire war machine that they are fighting against. Wow, they are some stupid terrorists. The level of stupidity is equal to when Osama bin Laden released his latest hit video, four days before the Presidential election. Surely he must have realized that would have only aided Bush, yet there he was providing America with a little fear before the election, a move that only could have helped Bush. Today, here is his little outfit, al Qaeda, once again coming to the aide of his alleged arch-nemesis Bush. Cui bono is a Latin phrase which simply means, “Who benefits?” and it is the question we need to be asking ourselves. What does al Qaeda gain from this attack? The only logical answer can be, NOTHING. It will instill fear in the populace which could lead to a galvanizing of public support for the war they are fighting. It may lead to England changing their plans about pulling out their troops. It will give the US corporate media an excuse to not cover the stories that had been corroding the support for Bush. Instead of the potential impeachment, treason by Karl Rove, and the Downing Street Memos, the corporate media will be hammering the story about the terror attacks in England and how they show the need for this continuous war. I am sorry but when asking cui bono, it is clear that al Qaeda does not benefit from this attack, as it undermines everything they are working toward. The war machine however, they benefit greatly. Their two main proponents, Bush and Blair get to play on people’s fears and reinvigorate support for their war. This event is only a few hours old, but here are their initial responses: "They are trying to use the slaughter of innocent people to cow us, to frighten us out of doing the things that we want to do. They "should not and they must not succeed," - Tony Blair. Really Tony? But your government had already decided to pull the troops out of England, so why would they need to carry out this attack and risk England changing their minds? No Tony, there is clearly no logic behind this attack and they clearly are not trying to frighten a people who have already agreed to pull out their troops, and who only represent less than 5% of the troops to begin with. Here is what our fearless leader, Bush, had to say today: “"The war on terror goes on." Ah yes, every now and again, people who lie for a living slip up and reveal the truth. This statement reveals exactly the purpose of the attacks, and answers the question, cui bono. Faced with plummeting poll numbers and declining public support Bush tried last week to calm the storm by going to the American people with more fantasies connecting 911 to Iraq. The American people did not buy it this time though and his numbers got worse. Then the “Karl Rove is a treasonous traitor” stories started popping up and Bush was faced with the prospect of his war not continuing and his staunchest ally, England announced their plans for pulling troops out just as George was saying what a mistake it would be to make such plans. The morale in the al Qaeda camp must have been at an all time high. Their efforts in the war were finally paying off. Bush was losing his public support and his own country was beginning to speak about removing him from office. His top aide was under investigation for possible treason. England had started to make plans to pull out their troops. So it is at this time, we are to believe that an organization smart enough to pull off 911, decided to throw away all the progress mentioned above, to frighten a people whose government only has 5% of the current troops in the war on terror, and had just decided to pull those troops out? The word stupidity would not cover this decision. It is unfathomable in its illogic. I understand this raises things we do not want to consider. Well, consider this. In the early 1960’s your government considered operations that would sacrifice innocent, civilian American lives in order to start a war with Cuba. I will not rehash Operation Northwoods (http://www.gwu.edu/ nsarchiv/news/2...) here except to point out that it is horribly naïve to assume people in power, would not seek to abuse that power for their own ends. If this was true in 1962, it is even truer in 2005. We see the images of terror on the television and we remember our fear, just like we were supposed to. Our President will use this attack to rebuild all he has lost in support and we cannot allow that to happen. This attack does not change the fact that George Bush started his war 6 months prior to obtaining Congressional approval. It does not change the fact that he knowingly lied to Congress to go to war, fitting his intelligence around his policy. It does not change the fact that Karl Rove apparently may have committed treason against the United States. Don’t let him use this tragic event to sway us from pursuing the truth. Don’t let him. Cui bono America, Cui bono. Anthony Wade, a contributing writer to opednews.com, is dedicated to educating the populace to the lies and abuses of the government. He is a 37-year-old independent writer from New York with political commentary articles seen on multiple websites. A Christian progressive and professional Rehabilitation Counselor working with the poor and disabled, Mr. Wade believes that you can have faith and hold elected officials accountable for lies and excess. Anthony Wade’s Archive: http://www.opednews.com/archiveswad... Email Anthony: takebacktheus@yahoo.com



Leave a comment
Print this article


Commentaires de l'article
 

> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday July 8 - 05:04 - Posted by 721da6997fe99cce...

You know and I know you are absolutely correct in all of this. Now we need to convince the rest of the world that the real terrorists are in the seats of power in our own governments and that the media is complicit.

Two burning questions: 1. Why were the American media reporting 6 blasts when there were only 4? 2. Why is British intelligence now denying that two bombs were not detonated?

Those two questions need to be investigated fully, and without any flimsy excuses all the way to the top of the British and American government aparatus. The truth is out there.




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday July 8 - 12:36 - Posted by c36279496466061f...

Wake up you fucking pussy.




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday July 8 - 13:05 - Posted by 1b8264ee9634d328...

The trouble with these ‘theories’ is that they can easily be tossed up in to reverse…

Could it be that al Qaeda deliberately planned the bombing at this time so that it would appear to be too much of a stupid mistake? Which in turn would start the conspiracy theories. This move would allow one unusually timed capital city bombing to both instill international fear and remove rival governments all at the same time. The London bombing doesn’t seem so stupid anymore does it? Think....

A Londoner
UK



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday July 8 - 13:54 - Posted by 540ad1470c424e31...

I couldn’t agree more, Bush needs to be impeached, Rove to jail, Troops home, Cheny, Rummy, Bush, Ashcroft, et. all need to be imprisoned or deported to Iraq/Afhghanistan/North Central Africa or other suitable place. And PLEASE lets allow a viable electoral reform set of laws to allow a real possibility of a Libertarian President !!!!



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday July 8 - 16:38 - Posted by 62a745422ee4ca29...

amen, brother. these kooks and their inane facil thoeries make me first laugh, and then pity them. they just cant grasp that the terrorists actually hate western civilization and want to kill all poeple who ascribe to it. they just cant grasp it. what it is is what it is. its too easy, eh? well, some folks are simple, they mean what they say, ands they say what they mean. the conspiracy theorist dont understand this becasue they apply what they know of human nature (themselves) and dont get it becasue they DONT do that. they dont say what they mean. they are deceptive, in the least to themselves, and assume the rest of the world does the same thing. its is a wonder to watch them figuratively self-immolate though. when al-qaeda SAYS they attacked the worlds trade center becasue of the somalia pullout, they hear that pacifism will work. when al-qaeda SAYS they kill americans becasue of presence in suadi and western decadence and 700 years of infadel oppression, they (the conspiracusts) hear its because america has too much money and wants to steal their oil. they just dont listen. too bad. but the good news is, the kooks dont run the show, and the louder they scream their inanities, the more marginalized they become. so scream on, i say! let the conspiracies ring loud!! peace.



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Saturday July 9 - 06:34 - Posted by cabb808418f889b1...

to: "tossed up in to reverse..." You’re an idiot! The answer as to who REALLY dunnit is very clear if you will just open your eyes.



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday August 5 - 18:28 - Posted by cb0ee76d6afc5a6a...

You are an absolute idiot...wake up....read the truth all over the net about what is really going on, and who is really doing it....start here: Www.theresistancemanifesto.com read the whole site, all you can....911 was an inside job...OUR government did it to scare us into THINKING there is an OUTSIDE threat they need to protect us from! Learn the truth for YOUR own good, and your familys safety! Before its too late for you to...



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday August 5 - 18:36 - Posted by cb0ee76d6afc5a6a...

The COMMENT ABOVE STATING THE FOLLOWING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A COMMENT FOR : "YOU ARE A F****ING PU**Y" ....I was replying to him w/ the following...it showed up as its own comment so sorry bout the confusion!

""You are an absolute idiot...wake up....read the truth all over the net about what is really going on, and who is really doing it....start here: www.theresistancemanifesto.com read the whole site, all you can....911 was an inside job...OUR government did it to scare us into THINKING there is an OUTSIDE threat they need to protect us from! Learn the truth for YOUR own good, and your familys safety! Before its too late for you to...""



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday August 5 - 18:30 - Posted by cb0ee76d6afc5a6a...

Learn the truth friend before its too late for you to do so....concentration camps are already built and ready for us! Marshall law is around the corner....read up on illuminati!



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday July 8 - 23:32 - Posted by bd48d64c07e155f5...

Osama bin Laden is to causing terror as Santa Claus is to giving toys. Only adults with the intellectual development of children believe in both fairy tales.




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Sunday July 10 - 10:00 - Posted by af4f090af4c83e7c...

I have so far rarely seen such simple things on a political website. It seems that time stopped by. Such simple-minded analyses reminds me the end of Sixties. No worst lie can be found out such as the "cui prodest approach". It has the same value of saying "Bombs were put by leftists in order to have something to say". Will you ever be able to develop an adult thinking?
Leonardo Cannavò




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Sunday July 10 - 12:24 - Posted by b2f96783dc593490...

I applaud the writer of this piece "cui bono". Anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of criminal investigation — why this target?, what were the possible motives?, who possessed the skill and resources?, and lastly, who stood the most to benefit? — will be led to the inevitable conclusion that the CIA/USA Secret Government pulled off another sinister act in its continuing drama of terror against all of humankind.

Everyone should remember that Al Qaida has from its very inception been the bastard child if not pet offspring of CIA Secret Operations right alongside the Taliban. They were recruited, armed, inspired and trained by the CIA. In point of fact, the CIA project in Afghanistan and which was originally directed against the Soviet Union, was the largest in the Agency’s history. Since the Cold War ended, the CIA, in a stroke of Mafioso brilliance, has turned upon its former hitmen and lackeys and subsequently portrayed them as "Islamic fundamentalists" and "the enemies of civilization."

Anyone with an iota of common sense and who can think for himself should be able to see through the veneer of this "terrorist" hoax and seek to identify the real culprits. The perpetrators of this evil are far more likely to be Anglo-bodied CIA men wearing business suits than pious Muslims on their way to work. If there is any Underground video-tape footage, you can be sure that it will be confiscated and destroyed —or at least doctored and forged — to disguise the real truth of the matter.

Tyrants and fascists always require an enemy to scapegoat in order to pursue their vicious schemes of imperial conquest and world domination. Hitler chose the Jews. During the Cold War, the Soviet Union and any country so unfortunate as to be in liaison with the Soviets provided a convenient pretense for American militarism. Now it is the Muslim and Arab world, because they are so unfortunate as to be living on top of two-thirds of the world’s oil reserves or they are even more unfortunate as to have been born in Palestine.

Otherwise, if the pundits and experts can know their terrorist enemy so well that they can tell us the color of their eyes, then why is that after four years of the greatest, most expensive dragnet in international history they have been unable to recover even ONE Al-Qaida suspect?

Simple.

Because Al Qaida doesn’t really exist!

The so-called terrorist actions attributed to Al Qaida are in actuality carried out by CIA operatives to give that impression and thus befool the American and British public into kowtowing to the bidding of their idiot dictators.

Who are the real culprits behind these horrendous acts then? The terrorists may very well be religious fundamentalists, but they are almost certainly not Muslim or Arabs...

Pay no attention to the detractors, as they are probably paid agents of the state meant to disparage and cause dissent. The dogs may bark, but the caravan must move on.
People wake up and unite!



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Sunday July 10 - 19:00 - Posted by a5cab2219f5aecf0...

Hats off to you for your courage in presenting an agent provocateur hypothesis. but i write to you from Greece where such thinking is the norm, and they do not see it your way this time. Instead the view is that the British people will only superficially stiiffen the upper lip because the cause this time is not just. Instead , it is thought that al caida proved they could hit london on the first day of the g8 in spite of the enhanced security and thereby send their message to the world to the chagrin of the great leaders that ’we can always hit you’.
Dr. Stanley Sfekas
professor of Philosophy




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Monday July 11 - 03:25 - Posted by 7613949285aa070c...

What i am presenting is the apparant obvious nature that this attack could not have been done by AQ. Once you realize that and drop the sheep mentality, it leads you to the next logical question, who benefits? If you want to say BushBlair, i agree. If you want to say some radical fringe element in Islam, i could concur. If you want to say a coalition of interested business parties, no problem. But do not tell me the brilliant mastermind behind 911 (as we were told) could not see the folly in this attack. That was merely my point.

Blessings, Anthony Wade.




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Monday July 11 - 12:39 - Posted by 1b8264ee9634d328...

Some folk are incredulously naïve; in this day and age there is no need to execute innocent fellow civilians in order to drum up support for a war. If that were the case then these same conspiracies for the London bombing most also be applied to 911. These same conspiracists are insinuating that men in suits purposely crashed jets into their own stock exchange and fired missiles into their own office; namely the Pentagon, all of this for a bit of super unleaded? Is it really that difficult to believe that a man of Muslim religion can be swayed into becoming a mass murderer? If you do find it difficult to believe then it seems you have been hiding under a rock, and that you really do not have any understanding of the Qur’aan, Allah or the Muslim faith…

A Londoner.
UK



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Sunday July 24 - 00:46 - Posted by fb16d27e954e5982...

""Is it really that difficult to believe that a man of Muslim religion can be swayed into becoming a mass murderer?""

of course, brainwashed muslim fanatics are used to detonate the bombs... but its the secret service - the new world order agents that orchestrate the whole operations... The simple fact is that these brainwashed muslims do not realise they are being set up by the very people they are supposed to be fighting. All these anti-establishment organisations are controlled by the establishment. They create them a) to find out who is against them b) so the secret service gets first hand knowledge of any potential attacks in kind c) so they can brainwash the members into commiting acts which are used for their own sinister agendas



> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Tuesday July 12 - 04:56 - Posted by 12126593350ebddf...

Your argument procedes, I believe, on false assumptions. Getting the U.S. out of Iraq is NOT the goal Mr. bin Ladin has in mind. He wants the U.S. out of the Middle East and he wants Israel to cease to exist. Middle Eastern Arabs have been trying to destroy Israel ever since it came into existance. They haven’t been too successful. The Arabs ’must’ cling to the belief that their impotence in this effort could only be caused by the support and influence of the U.S. It would simply be too humiliating to be beaten by Jews alone. Since they can’t defeat an American-aided Israel, they must remove the American support. Mr. bin Ladin has loyal followers, but he doesn’t have a real Army. Or Navy. Or Air Force. What he does have is the ability to inspire others to commit the mass murders of thousands of inocent people. He is determined that America’s support of Israel must come at a higher price.
As to why these terrorists seem to be acting stupidly, I believe you are again being misled by a false assumption. Bush was, and is, exactly the type of President Mr. bin Ladin needs. He’s a short-sighted political cowboy too engrossed in his own career to see the long view of history. Mr. bin Laden rightfully assumes that if he takes a shot at the U.S. Coalition, whether it be in America, Spain, or Great Britain, it will provoke a response. In fact, he’s counting on it. He hopes to ignite a Holy War that will drive the infidels out of the Holy Land, destroy the state of Israel, scatter (or worse) the Jews, and restore Islam to it’s proper stature as the ’one true faith.’ It is much easier to provoke an American President who rode his Right-wing Conservative Christian philosophy into office like Bush. Every time Mr. Bush shifts his focus from pursuing Mr. bin Ladin and his cohorts to ill-considered side trips like Iraq, he gives Muslims around the world more reason to believe that America (and by extension, Western civilization) just might be intent on destroying Islam.
Please don’t view these, and future, acts of terrorism as part of anything as minor as getting the U.S. out of Iraq. These acts of terror are meant to be the opening battles of a glorious Holy War against the infidels.




> Cui bono? Stupidity Versus Logic in the Latest “Terror” Attack
Friday August 5 - 18:26 - Posted by cb0ee76d6afc5a6a...

Absolutely wonderful article....he speaks the 100% absolute truth as to what is REALLY going on behind closed doors....our government is out to destroy the people of not only the us but the world...the evil illuminati agenda is to rule the world, killing off all the little people....and ruling the rest....

Well, i loved the article very much! We all need to stand up and fight this evil, which is becomming and WILL become exactly like the holocaust days....we have warning people!







Public Apology to Women of the World from The American Republic (Hypatia of Alex
Monday 31 - 15:21
by Willam Morgan
YES, THERE WILL BE ELECTION FRAUD, AND ON A GRAND SCALE
Sunday 23 - 18:32
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Hillary Clinton will be first female President 2017
Monday 10 - 17:21
by Willam Morgan
Police Shootings: Law, Policy, and Accountability
Thursday 6 - 14:22
by William John Cox
AMERICA DESERVES BETTER, BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, THE WORLD DESERVES BETTER
Thursday 29 - 18:02
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Back to School for Fascist Dupont-Aignan
Thursday 15 - 11:32
by Nouveau Comité de Vigilance des Intellectuels Antifascistes
The Presidency: Character Matters
Friday 9 - 15:06
by William John Cox
WHY HILLARY IS THE PERFECT PERSON TO SECURE OBAMA’S LEGACY
Tuesday 30 - 18:08
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Remake of Ben Hur in 2020 planned by new motion picture studio
Friday 26 - 15:50
by Wallace
THE CASE FOR DONALD TRUMP
Monday 22 - 19:32
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES IS DEAD
Thursday 11 - 06:42
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
DONALD TRUMP AND THE GENIUS OF IDIOCY
Friday 5 - 00:47
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
FOOLING MOST OF THE PEOPLE MOST OF THE TIME IS WHAT AMERICAN POLITICS ARE ABOUT,
Friday 29 - 18:13
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
A message of your fellow striking workers from France
Tuesday 12 - 20:49
by Info’Com-CGT
The Right to Vote, Effectively
Friday 8 - 22:20
by William John Cox
Fourth of July Lies
Sunday 3 - 19:41
by June C. Terpstra
Who Should Make Political Policy, the People or the Politicians?
Friday 24 - 15:14
by William John Cox
Hollow Women of the Hegemon Part II: Atrocity Enabling Harpies
Tuesday 21 - 18:49
by Dr. June Terpstra
The American Republic Manifestum book is being made into a Movie
Saturday 11 - 15:54
by William Morgan
Write-in Voting and Political Protest
Wednesday 1 - 15:05
by William John Cox
Yves Bouvier art battle plays out in online and social media arena
Tuesday 31 - 21:12
by Dean Bagley
Damaged Candidate Clinton Can’t Call Out Trump
Friday 27 - 13:53
by Daniel Patrick Welch
PLEDGE OF THE NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY
Tuesday 24 - 21:53
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
LET TEXAS SECEDE
Thursday 19 - 00:53
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
LAS TRES ERRES A LA ENÉSIMA POTENCIA.-
Monday 16 - 15:35
by FREDDY SUBDIAGA
DEMAGOGIA POPULISTA...
Monday 16 - 15:26
by FREDDY SUBDIAGA
Oligarchs Won’t Let You Vote Their Wars Away
Wednesday 11 - 20:24
by Daniel Patrick Welch
AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL: JOHN KERRY - FROM HIS REMARKABLE RECENT COMMENCEMENT ADDR
Monday 9 - 20:40
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton support the American Republic Manifestum
Monday 9 - 16:37
by William Morgan
Transformation: A Student-Led Mass Political Movement
Monday 25 - 19:28
by William John Cox
Algerian Feminists react to ’Hijab Day’ in Paris 2016
Monday 25 - 01:13
THE ILLUSION OF RIGHTS
Friday 22 - 18:45
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
US is real superpredator pretending to be victim
Monday 18 - 22:23
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Gaiacomm International has accidently created a fusion reaction/ignition.
Sunday 17 - 17:01
by William Morgan
Clinton’s Campaign Continues to Highlight Horrible Hillary
Saturday 9 - 00:57
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Armoiries racistes à Harvard : Plaidoyer pour la réflexion socio-historique
Thursday 7 - 18:56
by Samuel Beaudoin Guzzo
THANK YOU MISSISSIPPI FOR YOUR HATE
Wednesday 6 - 02:02
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
The PKK in Iraq: “We are ready to fight ISIS everywhere in the world”
Monday 4 - 14:33
by InfoAut
Clinton Crashes and Burns, Sanders Will Win (But hold off on the applause)
Friday 1 - 22:33
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Confirming Supreme Court Justices and Electing Presidents
Friday 1 - 20:59
by William John Cox

home | webmaster



Follow-up of the site's activity
RSS Bellaciao En


rss FR / rss IT / rss ES



Bellaciao hosted by DRI

It is the responsibility of the intellectual to speak the truth and to expose lies. Noam Chomsky
Facebook Twitter Google+
DAZIBAO
I, European citizen, won’t let refugees be rejected in my name
Thursday 10 March
©Olivier Jobard/Myop I, European citizen, won’t let refugees be rejected in my name THE RIGHT TO ASYLUM IS A RIGHT In the phrase « right to asylum », every word matters. Under the law, every person who is persecuted because of his or her political opinions or because of his or her identity, every person that is endangered by violence, war or misery has a RIGHT to seek asylum in another country The aim of this petition is to collect (...)
read more...
Neo-Nazis and far-right protesters in Ukraine 3 live-stream
Friday 24 January
2 comments
The far-right in Ukraine are acting as the vanguard of a protest movement that is being reported as pro-democracy. The situation on the ground is not as simple as pro-EU and trade versus pro-Putin and Russian hegemony in the region. When US Senator John McCain dined with Ukraine’s opposition leaders in December, he shared a table and later a stage with the leader of the extreme far-right Svoboda party Oleh Tyahnybok. This is Oleh Tyahnybok, he has claimed a "Moscow-Jewish mafia" (...)
read more...
Hugo Chavez is dead (video live)
Wednesday 6 March
by : Collective BELLACIAO
1 comment
President Hugo Chavez companeros venezueliano died after a long battle with cancer.
read more...
International initiative to stop the war in Syria Yes to democracy, no to foreign intervention!
Thursday 13 December
Your support here: http://www.peaceinsyria.org/support.php We, the undersigned, who are part of an international civil society increasingly worried about the awful bloodshed of the Syrian people, are supporting a political initiative based on the results of a fact-finding mission which some of our colleagues undertook to Beirut and Damascus in September 2012. This initiative consists in calling for a delegation of highranking personalities and public figures to go to Syria in order to (...)
read more...
THE KU KLUX KLAN ONCE AGAIN CONTROLS INDIANA
Monday 12 November
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
7 comments
At first glance, the results of America’s 2012 election appear to be a triumph for social, racial, and economic justice and progress in the United States: California voters passed a proposition requiring the rich to shoulder their fair share of the tax burden; Two states, Colorado and Washington, legalized the recreational use of marijuana, while Massachusetts approved the use of marijuana for medical purposes; Washington and two other states, Maine and Maryland, legalized same-sex (...)
read more...
I’VE DECIDED TO "WASTE" MY VOTE
Sunday 28 October
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
In a 2004 episode of Comedy Central’s animated series South Park, an election was held to determine whether the new mascot for the town’s elementary school would be a “giant douche” or a “turd sandwich.” Confronted with these two equally unpalatable choices, one child, Stan Marsh, refused to vote at all, which resulted in his ostracization and subsequent banishment from the town. Although this satirical vulgarity was intended as a commentary on the two (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART IV
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART I PART II PART III If there is one major inconsistency in life, it is that young people who know little more than family, friends and school are suddenly, at the age of eighteen, supposed to decide what they want to do for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, because of their limited life experiences, the illusions they have about certain occupations do not always comport to the realities. I discovered this the first time I went to college. About a year into my studies, I (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART III
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART I PART II PART IV Disillusioned with the machinations of so-called “traditional” colleges, I became an adjunct instructor at several “for-profit” colleges. Thanks largely to the power and pervasiveness of the Internet, “for-profit” colleges (hereinafter for-profits) have become a growing phenomenon in America. They have also been the subject of much political debate and the focus of a Frontline special entitled College Inc. Unlike traditional (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART II
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART I PART III PART IV Several years ago, a young lady came into the college where I was teaching to inquire about a full-time instructor’s position in the sociology department. She was advised that only adjunct positions were available. Her response was, “No thanks. Once an adjunct, always an adjunct.” Her words still echo in my mind. Even as colleges and universities raise their tuition costs, they are relying more and more on adjunct instructors. Adjuncts are (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART I
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART II PART III PART IV When The Bill of Rights was added to the United States Constitution over two hundred years ago, Americans were blessed with many rights considered to be “fundamental.” One conspicuously missing, however, was the right to an education. This was not surprising given the tenor of the times. America was primarily an agrarian culture, and education, especially higher education, was viewed as a privilege reserved for the children of the rich and (...)
read more...
ONE SOLITARY LIFE, PART TWO
Monday 30 July
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
3 comments
If there is one universal question that haunts all human beings at some point in their lives, it is, “Why do we die?” Death, after all, is the great illogic. It ultimately claims all, the rich and the poor, the mighty and the small, the good and the evil. Death also has the capability to make most human pursuits—such as the quest for wealth, fame and power—vacuous and fleeting. Given this reality, I have often wondered why so many people are still willing to (...)
read more...
HOW MUCH CORRUPTION CAN DEMOCRACY ENDURE?
Thursday 28 June
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
6 comments
How much corruption can a “democracy” endure before it ceases to be a democracy? If five venal, mendacious, duplicitous, amoral, biased and (dare I say it) satanic Supreme Court “justices”—John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Anthony Kennedy—have their way, America will soon find out. In several previous articles for Pravda.Ru, I have consistently warned how the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision is one of the (...)
read more...
DEMOCRACY IN THE HANDS OF IDIOTS, PART TWO
Tuesday 12 June
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
1 comment
Imagine, if you will, that the United States government passes a law banning advertisers from sponsoring commercials on Rush Limbaugh’s radio show or Rupert Murdoch’s Fox (Faux) “News” Network. On one hand, there would be two decided advantages to this ban: The National IQ would undoubtedly increase several percentage points, and manipulative pseudo-journalists would no longer be able to appeal to the basest instincts in human nature for ratings and profit while (...)
read more...
DEMOCRACY IN THE HANDS OF IDIOTS
Thursday 7 June
by : David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
4 comments
LIVE, from the State that brought you Senator Joseph McCarthy, Wisconsin voters now proudly present, fresh from his recall election victory, Governor Scott Walker! At first glance, it is almost unfathomable that anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have voted to retain Scott Walker as Wisconsin’s governor. This, after all, is a man who openly declared he is trying to destroy the rights of workers through a “divide and conquer” strategy; who received 61% of the (...)
read more...
PEOPLE WITHOUT SOULS
Tuesday 13 March
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
2 comments
A question I’ve frequently been asked since I began writing for Pravda.Ru in 2003 is, “Why did you become disillusioned with the practice of law?” This question is understandable, particularly since, in most people’s minds, being an attorney is synonymous with wealth and political power. I’ve always been reluctant to answer this question for fear it will discourage conscientious and ethical people from pursuing careers in the legal profession—a (...)
read more...