Le site Bellaciao: coloré, multiple, ou le meilleur cotoie fort heureusement le pire, mélangé, bizarre, picabien et dadaîste, explorant toutes sortes de registres et de régimes rhétoriques, drole et polémiqueur, surréaliste: rencontre d'un parapluie et d'une machine à coudre sur une table de dissection, têtes de Lénine sur le clavier d'un piano Steinway ou Bosendorfer...
FR
ES
222726335 IP
251166736 pages
(since 02/10/2002)
214 connectés
Senal en Vivo
VIDEO
RADIO
FRIENDS SITES
with Bellaciao
Bellaciao hosted by
To rebel is right, to disobey is a duty, to act is necessary !
Bellaciao  mobile version   |   Home  |   About us   |   Donation  |   Links  |   Contact  |   Search
WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?

by : peter fredsib
Monday November 14, 2005 - 17:41
38 comments

REASONS WHY BUSH INVADED IRAQ

By Peter Fredson

George Bush and most of the Republicans in Congress were alarmed by public reaction to the Bush and FEMA inaction during Katrina. They came up with a strategy to take some of the blame away. They said that everybody was to blame: city, county, state officials and maybe, perhaps, even the President may have incurred a tiny bit of blame.

Today they have reworked this strategy to take the growing heat off of the Bush administration for ostensibly lying, or spinning, the truth about going to war with Iraq. They have decided that, like Katrina, everybody is to blame, and maybe, perhaps, even the President may have been misled, innocently but heroically.

They are going to stick with this explanation, for the same reason that Bush is going to stay the course in Iraq. They have nothing better. But if they cannot find a good reason for going to war, perhaps they can obscure the issue by introducing red herrings into our daily menu of explanations. Distraction, denial and secrecy are the most valuable tools of the Bush administration and he will play those cards inexhaustibly to enhance his propaganda.

It was difficult to find the ostensible reasons in George Bush’s head, or those of his handlers, to declare war with Iraq. The reasons keep shifting, like desert sands, and what seemed clear one day was completely obscured another day.

Certainly for religious devotees of Bush the reason adduced was all-sufficient for their support and acceptance. Here it is:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did." - Bush to Mahmood Abbas, quoted in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

Readers will be familiar with the frequent references Bush has made to his conversations with his Old Testament God. Evidently whatever God wants, is what God gets from Bush. Nothing else matters, no law, no Constitution, no judicial nor diplomatic history of our country, no political “values”, only some sort of Divine whispering into Bush’s ear is sufficient to dismiss all political, social and historical values to undertake a mighty mission for Yahweh.

Bible quotations are used by the Bush administration as the basis for legislation to supersede that of a more secular constitution, making us wonder if Iraq had witches that needed obligatory execution.

Nothing can be more absolute, more compelling, than the word of some ancient divinity from a backwater pastoral culture that was kept wandering in the wilderness for 40 years and was fed on heavenly mush. It is interesting that all the words of all the other hundreds of divinities or entities of 4,000 years ago are regarded by the Bush people as false, erroneous, superstition, or sinful. But there is no accounting for absolutism, either in politics or in religion. Once you pick your favorite superstition, you are stuck with it. Obviously not all people of the United States share the Bush administration’s evangelical charismatic dogma. They cannot believe that a modern President would act like a Greek emperor on the basis of Oracles, flights of birds, dreams and godlike whispers from Divinities like Zeus or semi-human heroes like Hercules. They want to find other reasons than religious for Bush to declare war, cause endless death, destruction and hatred at enormous expense which will be shifted to their grandchildren eventually.

In searching newspapers, magazines, listening to TV or radio, looking at blogs and commentaries, scrolling through old computer files, I found many reasons for Bush and his supporters claiming their absolutist view of the dismal situation. I don’t know how many reasons were “legitimate”, if any, but here are some:

Top reasons that George W. Bush invaded Iraq.

 Because he needed some good distraction to get the public attention away from his desultory performance as peace-time President.

 Because he knew that by scaring the hell out of the public, they would be forced to depend on him for their safety.

 Because it would have been too easy to catch Osama bin Laden, thus preventing him from attempting future unnecessary invasions, so Bush let bin Laden escape, thus allowing him to remain as War President and strut about like a war hero.

 Because he didn’t like Saddam Hussein’s big black mustache, as he could only achieve a sort of straggly weak effect.

 Because he was jealous of Saddam’s waving a big rifle from the Presidential palace and shooting holes in the sky.

 Because he was certain that Saddam had many pilotless planes all loaded with biological or atom bombs to bomb the hell out of his precious ranch in Crawford, Texas. Think of all that brush piling up!

 Because Saddam was not cooperative in the Oil for Food campaign with Bush contributors so their corruption efforts were thwarted.

 Because Saddam personally arranged the attack on 9/11, paying cash for terrorists to bomb the Twin Towers.

 Because Saddam personally trained the 9/11 terrorists how to get a plane up in the air but never showed them how to get down again.

 Because the US was under obvious “imminent threat” of attack from Saddam some day, soon, perhaps to the great alarm of Condi Rice as war might get her expensive shoes dirty.

 Because Saddam probably had nuclear bombs that someday might possibly reach the U.S. causing incalculable damage to unknown numbers of innocent Americans and ruining their baseball season.

 Because Saddam had weapons of mass distraction, er, destruction that could ruin all of Walmart’s retail sales and ruin their cash flow.

 Because Saddam was training the Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists in order to attack the Republican Senator’s elaborate country homes, pensions and life style and the moral values of Tom Delay.

 Because Bush wanted to liberate the Iraqi people from an irritable and egomaniacal ruler, making intolerable competition for Bush.

 Bush just wanted to liberate the Iraqi people by knocking down their old houses and getting rid of excess population, for which he would deserve flowers, thanks and effusive praise.

 Bush wanted to get American oil out from under the Iraqi sand. Because Bush wanted to mention 9/11 several hundred times and pretend he did something heroic at that time.

 Because Bush wanted to find the yellow cake that Saddam was importing. Condi Rice wanted the recipe for the cake.

 Because Bush wanted to stop Saddam from importing aluminum tubes which could be used for Heaven-only-Knows mischief.

 Because Bush’s friends wanted to apply preemption to somebody to see how it would turn out as preparation for future assaults of Syria, Iran, Libya, and maybe even North Korea.

 Because the Bush cabinet and speech-writers wanted to prate endlessly on TV about morals, freedom, and “our brave boys” thus getting the public attention off of the dire domestic situation.

 Because Bush said to Karl Rove, “How can I say “F... you to the entire world??”

 Because Bush’s trigger finger was getting restless to push a red button so he could smirk and swagger heroically at bringing death to millions of Muslim infidels, thus pleasing Pat Robertson.

 Because Bush’s handlers wanted to let him think he could make some decisions for himself.

 Because he heard that Osama bin Laden was someplace in Afhgnistan Afghnistingan Ahfghannistin, oh hell, in Iraq.

 Because Cheney wanted to save Iraqi oil for his old Millennium Corporation and let Iraqis extract it at minimum wages.

 Because Bush wanted one or two of Saddam’s old palaces, at least one for Dick Cheney, another for Karl Rove, one for Condi, one for Rumsfeld, one for Wolfowitz, and another where Ashford could retire permanently in quiet ease.

 Scooter Libby would get one, maybe Jerry Falwell another. Good times!

 Because somehow the issue of Iraqi oil came up, and Millennium Corporation given the oil without contract, showing how fair corruption can become.

 Because the Bush invasion of Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with oil, absolutely nothing, no sirree, don’t even mention it. Get it?

 Because North Korea had nuclear bombs and Iraq didn’t.

 Because Dick Cheney told him to do it to show his moral authority over the Muslim infidels and besides it’s fun to kill Muslims with Shock and Awe.

 Because Wolfowitz wanted to see our troops decorated with flowers and kisses by the Iraqis. In return we will throw the Iraqi urchins chewing gum, Mars candy bars, and cluster bombs to blow the little bastards sky-high.

 Because it would make the entire world jealous of the military and diplomatic prowess of the Bush heroic warhawks entitling them to wear 10 yards of gold braid and to wear Bush Freedom medals prominently suspended from solid gold necklaces.

 Because the Bush dirty-tricks people could leak the name of CIA agents whenever necessary to distract from serious economic issues.

 To distract attention from that “global warming” nonsense.

 To give True Believers something to pray about and demonstrate that their Yahweh is bigger, better, and brighter than any other old divinity from the rubbish heap of history.

 To show Bill Clinton how a Texan can govern without actually being in Washington

 To show the world what a BIG smoking gun looks like.

 To be able to use big colorful symbols to indicate when to be scared, poop in one’s pants, and when to say “just kidding.”

 Because Bush corporate friends wanted to sell a lot of duct tape with which to seal up homes against poison gas and bacteria.

 Because Iraq posed a clear and present danger to public awareness of Bush’s governing incompetence.

 Because Bush wanted to give his troops some healthy exercise sunning and playing baseball in a sandy country.

 Because by killing Muslims in Babylon, there wouldn’t be enough left of them to set off bombs in London or New York.

 Because it is better to invade sooner than later before taxpayers can protest. Because it would show those damned French and Germans that Bush can go it alone anytime anyplace.

 Because it shows True Believers that God is on their side and wants another crusade to kill surplus women, children and abominable infidels.

 To put a stop to the horrible tyranny of Saddam and substitute that of the Bush neocons.

 To show that unprovoked attacks are profitable to the military-industrial establishment.

 To show that Bush intends to impose sovereignty and security on a region that was only civilized for 3,000 years.

 To show that cowardly neocons can impose massive casualties and destruction without getting their own skins scratched.

 To let billions of dollars flow through the hands of neocons and let the nation accumulate the largest deficit in history.

 To let Bush and his Republicans pose in front of flags, and talk about their “brave boys” while prohibiting pictures of coffins and keeping their wounded in seclusion away from dangerous publicity.

 To practice secrecy and see how far lies, misinformation, deception, stealth, and preemption can take an incurious, manic, petulant, and irritable president to make a “legacy.”

 To see how far stupidity will distract from the environment and other serious issues of the day.

 To make sure that “regime change” only works in one direction.

 To condemn the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor as infamous treachery, but the Shock-and-Awe attack on Baghdad as judicious and careful Christian stealth and deceit.

 To avoid irritable international discussion of world bodies, like the UN, by taking unilateral effective action.

 To destroy homes, industries, roads, bridges, hospitals and thousands of lives to avenge an attack on Bush’s daddy.

 To demonstrate that peaceful diplomacy is folly, the UN unworkable, world organizations inept, but Karl Rove is a wonderful guy.

 To show that an endless cycle of hatred and revenge can be started by cowardly warhawks and result in thousands of deaths for the profit of a few neocons.

 To please Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson by destroying infidels and showing the superiority of Baptism and Methodist peace efforts by killing Muslims..

 To demonstrate that you can kill, torture or abuse any number of Iraqis, so Republican Senators will simply call it “trivial” and perhaps even like a “prank,” thus demonstrating their moral superiority.

 To prove you can invade a country without knowing anything about it, or being able to pronounce anyone’s name there.

 To show forcefully that you can lie to invade a country and nobody will dare impeach you but on the contrary a compliant press will applaud your heroic efforts to bring democracy and freedom with cruise missiles.

 To show that if you have enough money, and control of the armed forces, you can invade any place in the world without undue criticism.

 To hold daily prayer sessions, to bless your invading army and show that God is on your side.

 To be able to swagger in military uniform and excite female admiration.

 To be able to land on an airplane carrier in military uniform, declare a war a complete success and then spend the next several years or decades fighting “terrorism” that Bush started.

 Because Bush must blast Saddam to Hell. The reason why, I cannot tell. But this I know, and know full well, Bush must blast Saddam to Hell To declare Bush the greatest leader since Newt Gingrich and strut about in monkey pants.

 To dispossess Arabs who have only lived in their area for 4,000 years. To bring back the famous Hanging Gardens of Babylon by importing cactus and sagebrush from Texas.

 To add another story on the Tower of Babylon and irritate Allah.

 Because there is more Sand in Iraq than on most beaches.

 Because you can play outdoor soccer in Iraq 12 months a year.

 Because you can travel 1000 miles over sand on a camel?

 Because successful corporate executives can Own-a-harem.

 Because you can guarantee Water shortages every summer.

 Because the Iraqis are now content with power outages, and no longer demand more power, thus saving a lot of effort in useless “reconstruction.”

 Because Bush can kill any Iraqi for any reason and nobody will do anything about it because Bush talks to his invisible divinity.

 Because you can test your nuclear weapons in other people’s countries.

 Because Iraqis don’t bother with toilets, just poop in the street, like people in Alabama.

 Because you get to occupy Saddam’s palaces.

 Because Iraqi money looked like Monopoly paper.

 Because they were resisting our efforts to dominate them by getting huffy and threatening to use force against us.

 Because Bush holds Iraq accountable for opposing resistance to our invasion and occupation.

 Because Bush didn’t think Iraqis should fight back for us meddling in their affairs. After all, we are moral Americans on a religious crusade.

 Because if we’d never invaded Iraq, thousands of men and women would not be facing lives without limbs. But this is a magnificent opportunity for people who manufacture limbs to make a fortune.

 Because our wounded wouldn’t have endured the anguish of being injured in combat or developed the stress-induced mental illness that will ruin many of their lives and many psychologists, psychiatrists and thousands of other mental illness people would not be able to make a very good living off of our wounded.

 Because George Bush said : "Every human life is precious, and yet I have to answer, yes, it has been worth it."

 Because Bush wanted to give Iraqis sovereignty with a list of exiled leaders and legislation that he personally approved.

 Because Bush instead of promising Iraqis "blood, sweat, and tears," they got spin, risk avoidance, and promises without costing the tax payers more than a trillion dollars.

 Because Bush wanted to show he disregarded any reprisals or responsibility by forcing Iraqis to give all occupiers immunity.

 Because Saddam pissed Bush off.

 Because the Taliban and Al Qaeda were in Afghanistan and that is too close to Iraq to ignore.

 Because Bush wanted to see how far he could stretch his troops.

 Because Bush wanted to do his part to bring on the Apocalypse.

 Because Bush wanted to show that he was a “compassionate conservative.” by killing A-rabs.

 Because the Bush supporters needed another 300 billion dollars to play with.

 Because Bush thought he could invade Iraq and no one would notice.

 Because the Bush people knew they could print money to pay for their war and simply let the deficit pile up for generations, and devalue our currency.

 Because Bush, Dick, Karl and Paul thought it was worth doing. They all said so.

 Because Bush thought losing several thousand American troops was worth getting bases, oil and embassies in Iraq.

 Because Bush thought his lies were so good that nobody would ever find out.

 Why change horsemen in mid-apocalypse?

 Because the Tooth Fairy told Bush to invade.

 Because Bush felt stress at his failure as a President of the U.S. and wanted to see if being President of Iraq would be different.

 Bush wanted to rebuild Iraq because he was ruining his own country and wanted another place to rest up after experiencing a “hard” presidency.

 Because Bush planned to “promote democracy” by using cruise missiles, humvees, grenades, automatic weapons, huge tanks, helicopters, fighter planes and show those Iraqis what peace and freedom was all about.

 Because Bush thought spreading democracy was like spreading manure on his ranch in Texas.

 Because Bush wanted to give the proselytizers the chance to convert Moslems to Baptist Fundamentalist snake-handlers, foot-washers and anointers and let them worship replicas of the 10 or 20 Commandments.

 Oil? Oil? What Oil? Who mentioned Oil? Cheney never mentioned oil. To destroy non-existent WMD’s.

 To remove a hostile dictator from power without getting Bush removed himself.

 To seize Saddam’s palaces and make a BIG embassy, with thousands of True Believers and neo-cons, in order to insure world domination for corporate executives and White Christian Supremacists.

 To build permanent military bases for threatening or carrying out operations, preemptions, and occupations of any recalcitrant nation.

 To punish those foreigners at the UN who think that they can tell the US how to help the environment, stop AIDS or disease, or anything else.

 To tell those Frenchies nyah, nyah.

 To let the Pentagon warhawks destroy things and kill people.

 To be able to use real live targets for all those missiles that we have stored and are simply wasting away.

 The Iraqis weren’t with us, so they must have been against us.

 To be able to seize all the ill-gotten gains of Saddam into the ill-gotten hands of the Bush people.

 To be able to confiscate nail-clippers, pocket knives and box cutters at airports, thus giving the American public total security.

 To be able to tell the Muslims and Liberals, “get over it.”

 To be able to modify the Geneva Convention to whatever suits Bush lust for power.

 To show our unconcern for spending billions of dollars on an illegal war instead of on schools, Medicare, veteran’s hospitals, the environment, and other trivial things.

 To let Cheney, Millennium, and Enron manage a backward country to extract oil efficiently at minimum wages for contractors, proselytizers, missionaries, and assorted mercenaries.

 As an excuse to invade a harmless country, that had no WMD’s, to destroy or steal its resources with little risk or disapproval.

 To raise the price of oil for the oil corporation’s profit and happiness and put the money into the pockets of Bush lobbyists, senators and cabinet officers.

 Iraq pumps 2,000,000 barrels day - oil sells for $65 a barrel. Who got the money? On what was it spent? Go fish!

 To free the Iraqi people by killing thousands of rag heads.

 To get Dan Rather fired.

 To let fake journalists praise Bush leadership and explain lucidly to the public why he kills people to give them freedom and democracy.

 To give Bush speechwriters full opportunity to mention 9/11, patriotism, “our brave boys”, morals, and other exploitations.

 To give the media an opportunity to repeat daily the most outrageous lies of the Bush administration in utmost sincerity, waving flags, and shouting Pledges of Loyalty to Bush.

 To show that Watergate and lying presidents get deep affection from Republican senators.

 To let troops fight and die for great corporation profits.

 To find out how many soldiers must die before Bush admits he got into a war that he can’t win.

 Because Bush knows evil when he sees it, and he seen it, dude.

 To find out how many soldiers must die before Bush admits that the cost is too high. 3,000, 4,000, 5,000?

 To find out how many reasons Bush will give to justify his invasion.

 To see how many reasons Rove and Wolfowitz can invent for going to war.

 To let Millennium take care of supplying our troops with maximum corruption before Bush notices that billions of dollars are missing or stolen.

 To give fat-headed, fat-rumped, fat-lipped neo-cons the chance to give speeches about their vision of American military might and their desire to help Bush dominate the world.

 To begin the long process of “liberating” other countries like Syria and Iran, as soon as the Bush people can drum up pretexts to kill more American troops and foreign infidels to boost their egos.

 To fight terrorist leader Osama bin Laden, then let him escape and immediately switch to invading Iraq where there were no terrorists to begin with.

 To give the Bush people the chance to impose secrecy, censorship, tapping phones, looking up library cards, violating civil rights, detaining anyone for any reason indefinitely because Bush is above the law and the constitution.

 To let Bush impose his own reign of terror upon the American public as a way of getting reelected.

 We invaded because they had the arms that we sold them.

 Because the “terrorist rag heads” hate our guts.

 To prevent proliferation of WMD’s, if ever we find any.

 To show that regime removal is practical, but not for the U.S.

 To finish the first Gulf War.

 Because Bush could and Condi said it was okay to do it.

 Because only the US should have weapons or bombs.

 Because Saddam was violating civil rights, and only Bush is authorized to do that.

 Because Saddam was mistreating the poor, aged, sick and homeless and only Bush is authorized to do that.

 To liberate the Iraqi people from their land, homes, resources and other onerous burdens.

 To give the Bush legacy something historians can point to with horror.

 Because after we took out the inspectors, there weren’t enough inspections.

 To show the neocons that the ideology of imperial world domination by military superiority, deceit and preemption is good for economic exploitation of any population.

 To show American religious fanatics that they are better than any foreign religious fanatics.

 To scare Americans into accepting a petulant, irritable, incurious and irresponsible party boy as world leader of a moral crusade.

 Because Iraq continued to “flaunt its hostility toward America,” simply because Bush was bombing it day and night.

 Because the Pentagon had “misplaced much war materiel” and we had to go to Iraq to look for it.

 In order to kill those terrorist killers.

 To please Ariel Sharon and Tony Blair

 To set Iraq as an example of what happens to nations that call Bush “sissy.”

 To keep Crawford, Texas, from being bombed, gassed, or threatened in any way by mad dictators.

 Because Saddam kept moving his weapons away from the UN inspectors and burying them deep in the sand.

 Because Saddam showed disrespect for the United Nations, but only Bush and Bolton are allowed to do that.

 Because Bush needed another vacation in Crawford, Texas.

 So we can bring stability to Iraq, like we did to Yugoslavia and Somalia.

 To preserve the peace by making war.

 Because Iraq was close to Afghanistan and could conceivably help the Taliban by giving them sand.

 To show the UN diplomats that Bush’s unilateralism is much better for making the world safe by killing everybody involved.

 Because Saddam scorned the imperial orders of Bush and that is against the will of Yahweh.

 By forcing Bush to remove his attention from governing the US.

 Because Saddam was guilty of distracting Bush and must be stopped.

 Because Saddam kept moving his weapons away from the UN inspectors and burying them deep in the sand.

 Because Saddam showed disrespect for the United Nations, but only Bush and Bolton are allowed to do that.

 Because Bush needed another vacation in Crawford, Texas.

 Because Bush is so courageous that he really wants the Muslims to “bring it on.” He would personally take up a rifle and get on a humvee and patrol the streets of Baghad, except that his ranch needs his attention more.

 So we could give Iraq full sovereignty under Bush, like we did to Afghanistan and maybe in 20 or 40 years those dumb people will be able to govern themselves.

 To make the lives of Iraqis at least equivalent to our homeless.

 To raise the price of gasoline so corporations can become fabulously wealthy, and let Bush walk hand in hand with Prince Bandar, kiss his cheek or hind-quarters, and smirk at oil profits.

 Finally, it’s a secret that we invaded that only the Bush neo-cons know, that Bush can smirk about, and Condi scowl and glare over. If the Far Right and corporate executives are happy, then what’s the beef?

 To bring the survivors of Shock-and-Awe the blessings of the Bush administration of their country.

 So Bush could start threatening the entire world with his version of freedom and democracy, mixed with a little fascism, plutocracy, and theocracy.

 To show how Bush is kind, gentle, compassionate and wants only to extract maximum profit from Iraq for his corporate friends.

 To show that Bush will reluctantly have to kill 100,000 people in order to give them a puppet regime in return for military bases and oil.

 To show the world that occupying a county should not have to cause resentment, fear, anger or death.

 Because Bush is a simpleton in a complex world and the only tactic he knows is brute force.

 Because Bush wanted “to take the fight to the enemy.”

 To give the International Red Cross something to complain about.

 So Bush could try out his new bunker buster bombs on really dumb people.

 To show the Iraqis that Bush is unconcerned about American deaths and insists he is “taking it to the Iraqis or “got them on the run.”

 To camp out in Iraq for the next twenty years, enjoying the sand and the sun.

 To hoist the Confederate Flag over Baghdad.

 To help Rumsfeld, Condi, Perle, Bolton, Perle and Rove “take it to” the entire Middle East.

 To help Osama bin Laden in his recruiting efforts.

 To give senators some place to visit other than Crawford, Texas.

 In order to get all the world terrorists to come to Iraq, so we can kill the lot of them and rid the world of terrorism.

 Because of Intelligence Failure. Bush fails the Intelligence Test.

 So Starbucks will have a new place to sell expensive coffee.

 Because Saddam sent Bush a nasty e-mail message.

 To give our generals a chance to earn more medals.

 To make a tunnel which we can look thru for the light.

 So Halliburton and Bechtel can find new sources of corruption and charge soldiers $30.00 a plate for chipped beef.

 To make an excellent propaganda smokescreen to hide all those things that the Bush administration has failed at.

 Because Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and we didn’t forget it.

 Because Saddam shows resentment at Bush trying to kill him.

 Because the Republican Senators were just aching for a good war.

 Because Saddam doesn’t rewind his rental tapes.

 Because Saddam doesn’t bother to wrap up separate recyclables.

 Because Bush throws like a girl.

 Because it would be an “easy” victory

 Because Wolfowitz told Bush the Iraqis would throw flowers, not grenades.

 Because it is our destiny

 To make the world safe for Exxon, Enron, Millennium, Fox News, Jeb Bush, and Elian Gonzales.

 To enhance financial contributions of defense contractors to selected politicians.

 To extend political, military, and economic hegemony over most of the world because Bush merits great acclaim.

 To fight a moral crusade against communists, atheists, liberals, democrats, and other forms of terrorists.

 To bring down the Berlin Wall and erect another in Israel.

 To fight whatever form of evil Bush thinks is appropriate at the time.

 To carry out endearing forms of torture and abuse as a tribute to Bush rising above legalities.

 Because military muscle has to be flexed every once in a while. So our air forcecould practice bombing for more than 40 days and nights in order to kill one man, unloading 17 million pounds of bombs on “collaterals” which don’t really count on the record of courage of a violent president.

 So we could give Fox News vivid pictures of the greatest aerial onslaught in the history of the world. Lots of death and destruction. Good watching.

 So we could get rid of some of those depleted uranium weapons by incinerating Iraqis.

 So we could bury dozens of people alive with huge bombs.

 So we could destroy hospitals and get a chance to rebuild them later to show our disdain for expense, death, or destruction.

 So we could pour billions of dollars into reconstruction a country we were simultaneously destroying, further mixing stupidity with neocon ideology.

 So a handful of wealthy people can still own Iraq, while the poor remain poorer.

 So Bush can claim that all the death and destruction he caused is motivated only by “humanitarian” and “compassionate” impulses.

 To rid the earth of people who are not white, Christian, and wealthy.

 Because some of the big generals and politicians were bored, and wanted something to watch on TV other than reruns.

 Because no reason is really necessary. Just DO IT.

 Because the US has a rich history of foreign interference.

 Because Tony Blair was sleeping with George Bush.

 Because George Bush the First wants George Bush the Second to become a man.

 Because George Bush refused to listen to generals and statesmen who warned him about the quagmire he was would enter.

 So we can make a board game with a Monopoly in Iraq, building hotels and MacDonald’s, and charging terrorists to stay in our Hilton Hotel

 There’s no point at having the title COMMANDER IN CHIEF if you aren’t going to use it.

 Because Donald Rumsfeld needs something to do to keep him out of the Oval Office.

 Because Bush has designed a new uniform, like that of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court with big epaulets, gold braid and some feathers.

 In order to spread Christianity, er, tax cuts. Yeah, tax cuts.

 To raise the price of gas so corporate execs can all buy new Lear Jets and mansions.

 To “Give War a Chance.”

 Because of all the widespread murder, corruption, rape and torture, and that’s just in Texas.

 Because of a brutal thug who does wicked, despicable things, and wants to be US ambassador.

 To use nuclear technology to threaten his neighbors, or sell it to unsavory entities, and keep Saddam from doing the same.

 Because Bush wanted to reward his friends for their loyalty, their contributions and their truth spinning.

 Because neither Bush nor Saddam were content with Iraq’s borders

 Because Saddam is no worse than Putin but we can only invade one country at a time.

 Because Bush thinks of Iraq as a military base with a large oil reserve underneath, which somehow got under the sand; you can’t ask for anything better than that.

 Because George Bush got sick laughing about duping the nation into believing that Iraq posed an imminent threat on the United States:

 Because Dick Cheney wants to run another oil company when he stops being V.P.

 This was not about oil but to free the Iraqis from the burden of extracting it.

 So Bush can pose, looking solemn, and talk about “our brave boys” while refusing to attend their funerals.

 So Colin Powell could hold up some test-tubes while demonstrating to the U.N. that Saddam had really evil intentions and therefore should give up his regime to George Bush.

 To give former oil industry executives a chance to show the Iraqi’s how to run their business which they had run for over a hundred years.

 To help the Iraqis decide to privatize their oil and be reasonable in letting the U.S. control the production and distribution.

 Bush Invaded Iraq to ’Secure Israel,’ Says Sen. Ernest “Fritz” Hollings who is now serving his final term in Washington.

 Bush Invaded Iraq to seek Jewish support in his election campaigns. Because of the Domino Theory of Democracy in The Project For The New American Century which Bush neocons take as their Bible.

 Because few people were willing to stand up and say what was really going on in the U.S.

 Because Bush made a mistake like happened in Vietnam, and with the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident and will be part of his “legacy” forever, but he will never admit it.

 To defeat terror we have no choice but to invade Afghinisting, Aghfanista, Afiganastin, Afiagin....Iraq.

 Because of stunning incompetence of the Bush and Blair conspiracy we must swallow their explanations and distortions and allow preemption, dishonesty, and deadly violence become our modus of operation.

 But we secured the Oil Ministry of Iraq right away, so everything will be alright, right?

 Because Bush picked a war he could win.

 Because a war that could cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars was of strategic importance to the neocon world domination game plan and to a second term for a failing president.

 To keep the numerous Bush domestic disasters off the political table in the U.S. and allow him to smirk and swagger during his gala speeches prepared by Turd Blossom Rove.

 Because War will supersede even a failing economy and administration. War is Good for Business, especially Millennium’s.

 Because keeping a threat of terror simmering on the burner scares Americans into supporting whoever is in office.

 Because Americans look to psychological tormentors for protection against an outside evil perceived as the more serious than inside evils.

 Because a war in Iraq offers almost bottomless billion-dollar profiteering opportunities for campaign contributors and administration officials.

 Because Halliburton, the Carlyle Group, etc. can reap big financial benefits from the destruction of the Iraq infrastructure thus giving Republican campaigns a vast source of contributions from quid pro quo understandings.

 To blow Iraq up with bombs paid for by taxpayers — then use taxpayer dollars to pay campaign contributors and companies with connections to administration officials to rebuild it..

 Because the neocons don’t want anybody but Bush Cartel Chicken hawks calling the international shots. Only moral cowards are allowed to declare war and call it “peace efforts.”

 Because of financial "inducements" Bush people offered some nations to support the war, with an ingenious way to pay back campaign contributors. Bush will give Poland six billion dollars of taxpayer money with which Poland will buy six billion dollars worth of fighter jets from Lockheed-Martin..

 Because showing brute power in Iraq will bully dissenters at home into submission or scare them into “dazed and confused” passivity.

 Because the conquest of Iraq will shore up a Middle East alliance with the Sharon government, with whom the Bush Cartel shares a common worldview.

 Because God chose Bush to run America, consolidate both political parties into the Oval Office, and make the charismatic evangelists happy.

 To incrementally seize power until, unnoticed, the administration crosses the line into a fascistic dictatorship and theocracy.

 To pave the way for a huge Republican majority in which civil rights will be illusory, priests will control the educational system, eminent domain will rule property rights, and the stupidity quotient of Americans will exceed all previous expectations.

 To consolidate a government of the rich, by the rich, for the rich.

 To accelerate dismantling of government services and removal of any church/state separation in favor of fundamentalist organizations and giant corporations in bed with politicians.

 To provide entertainment for Fox News “reporters” and allow them to spin truth like whirling dervishes.

 Because War is profitable for the news media.

 To see who can stretch Truth the farthest: Baghdad Bob or the Presidential Spokesmen.

 Because war will increase oil prices and give large oil reserves to American and British oil companies, who financially support the Republican Party.

 To ensure that no one digs up the truth about the Bush administration’s catastrophic failure to prevent 9/11, including an August briefing that warned Bush about terrorist hijackings when Bush did nothing in response.

 To distract from the release of the Downing Street memos.

 To energize the religious right and Neo-Confederacy warrior culture to contribute more to the Republican election effort, and turn out committed sheep at the polls.

 There is nothing like war to try out the latest bombs and hi-tech weapons on infidels.

 Because it’s hard to find a place to target practice nowadays, let alone a whole country with real live people in it.

 Because when bombs are blown up, more bombs are needed. They just happen to be manufactured by companies that contribute to the Bush Cartel. And the more taxpayer money goes toward bombs and military equipment, there is less money for government services. This makes it the perfect war for extremist right wingers running the U.S..

 Plan “A” of the Bush Cartel to send our sons and daughters into War is because it has no Plan “B” to send their sons and daughters into War.

 Because the Bush Cartel is banking on making the kind of impression on the world that a thug makes with a baseball bat on a car.

 Because why Screw just one Intern, like Bill Clinton, When You Can Screw the Entire Country

 Because Saddam irritated Bush by keeping his blinker on while driving.

 Because the war allowed a president with virtually no knowledge of world events, recent or historic, or of foreign cultures and no experience in battle, to send us to war and call himself the War Prezydent.

 Because all the neocons could patriotically wave their collective flags and sing praises to their War God as war was waged, as it sputtered in failure, and as it stands today mired in its own stagnation, but left the neocons rich.

 Because governance by brazen muscle power needs unfailing commitment to destroy targets as an example of ruthlessness and the will to use any means to assert and preserve leadership

 Because to the victor go the spoils of war, right into the pockets of the warmongers.

 Because an aggressor must never let facts get in the way of the mission.

 Getting distracted by truth and ethics is a sign of weakness.

 Bush can kill America by claiming failure as proof of success.

 So Cheney and Rumsfeld can make up for their “loss of face” in the White House in the 700’s when we won the Vietnam War by leaving it.

 To show that even colossal blunders on the part of a theocrat, based on smoke and mirrors, do not really matter to True Believers.

 So that the Chicken hawks who are “too busy” to sign up for military service can wave flags, and use the rallying cry of terrorism as their vehicle to ensnare the gullible American people.

 So that Bush can continue to rule by the deception that he is a bold, resolute wartime leader instead of a cowardly irresponsible incompetent Far Right poster-boy.

 Because stupidity, incompetence and failure begets the need for more of the same.

 Because we were promised a shower of roses but were left standing with a pile of corpses and a mountain of debt.

 Because a cowering lazy mainstream press can stand any amount of incompetence and lying and still appear to be credible by constant repetition of official lies and misdirection.

 “Either you are with our failed policy, or you are siding with the terrorists.”

 Because as each excuse to invade is proven false, Karl Rove will think up a dozen new excuses and the compliant press will print it without further investigation.

 Because having the Keystone Cops in charge of protecting us has become a habit, and there is no alternative but to use duct tape and color symbols and confiscating nail clippers for security.

 Because if we didn’t invade we would appear to be weak and the True Believers would be so disappointed that they would oust Bush.

 Because Bush follows a pattern. He fails, gets into a jam, then expects everybody to bail him out.

 Because there are only a fixed number of terrorists, and if you attract them to Iraq then you can put out flypaper and catch them all at once. In that way they will never “come over here.”

 Because Bush intended to use the “Ostrich” approach to National Security, and cut brush at Crawford, Texas anytime the going gets “hard.”

 Because Oil and Dick Cheney just naturally go together.

 Because Bush Just felt like it. Don’t you dare question his decision.

 Because it was supposed to be a cakewalk but those damned Iraqis just won’t let Bush make them into colonists of the U.S.

 Because playing with obedient soldiers is fun. They have to die for their glorious leader who then announces it was “worth it.”

 Because fat-head ideologues have convinced themselves that they are the enlightened masters of the universe.

 Because if you repeat a lie five times, it becomes the truth.

 Once you find a good lie, stick to it. The more the lie defies common sense the more Bush supporters who rely on Fox news are likely to believe it.

 Because people who are amoral, sociopath, ruthless and lust for power will do things that people in their right mind would not do.

 Because Bush really wants to find out what’s going on. Even if it takes years and he has to shred all documents and appoint endless commissions of sycophants to declare he had nothing to do with anything.

 Because the war is about whether anyone in the Bush Administration is subject to laws of the United States, subject to truth, and to being punished for making our nation less secure, and responsible for the deaths of about 2,000 American “brave boys” who died for oil and military bases.

 Because Bush and Rove appear to have more in common with Joseph Stalin than with Abraham Lincoln and run the country like the Politburo.

 Because the Bushites want to hide their incompetence under plain sight while using perpetual terror alarms to keep sheep-like Americans in subjection.

 To protect the Fundamentalist Christian Jihadists and U.S. Taliban from any legalities or government interference with plans to dominate the country.

 Because The War was intended to Deceive America Into War — And the War was intended to Cover Up the Deception that caused the war.

 The Bush sycophants try to create a conspiracy of credibility around Bush going to war, where none can exist to a person of common sense or integrity.

 Because the Bush administration said it was “going to fix” intelligence to start a war and the lie was successful and few people seemed to question that approach.

 Because England and the U.S. flew sorties over Iraq in 2002 to provoke Saddam and destroy his infrastructure to prepare for the war. Why would any nation object to the U.S. flying over their territory with war planes fully loaded with bombs?

 Because Dick Cheney put heavy pressure on CIA analysts to “fix” data which provided a pretext for war. Anyone care to guess why Dick did it?

 Because the lies about WMD would last long enough so we could invade and then laugh off and forget the absence of WMD by making patriotic speeches about our “brave boys.”

 Because the analysts who made the false allegations backing up pretensions for war were promoted and given bonuses.

 Because Bush personally took Richard Clarke aside and told him to make the facts work for a war with Iraq.

 Because former Sec. of Treasury O’Neill wrote that Bush wanted “to get” Iraq from the moment he was sworn in a president.

 Because The PNAC (Project for the New American Century) plan to invade Iraq was written primarily by Bush Neo-cons who guided us into the war for personal profit, glory, and power.

 Because The Bush Administration outed Valerie Plame as a CIA operative specializing in tracking the illicit sale and movement of Weapons of Mass Destruction because her courageous husband, Joe Wilson, exposed the Niger documents as a fraud, so they just had to go to war.

 Because the Bush administration is extremely secretive and vindictive and sought vengeance on anyone for exposing their phony war based on daily lies about WMDs so they just had to go to war.

 Because John Bolton fired an official for seeking a peaceful way out of the Iraq War.

 Because Donald Rumsfeld said that the U.S. would take Saddam and all of “them” out.

 Because Advanced U.S. forces were sent into Iraq before the war had even started.

 Because Rumsfeld set up a Pentagon psy-ops operation to create propaganda and disinformation for going to war with Iraq.

 Because the Bush Administration conducted a successful misinformation campaign to make Americans believe that Saddam Hussein was partly responsible for 9/11 and that the hijackers were Iraqi.

 Because reporting the news honestly and with full details is now secondary to lauding a failed presidency, and distracting the public from incompetence.

 Because the media feel obliged to show Bush as a glorious leader and to hide any details of his record that might offend him.

 Because lies by Bill Clinton regarding a blow-job are treasonable, while lies by Bush that got thousands of people killed are simply college pranks.

 Because Bush is working hard to protect the public by taking more vacations than any president in U.S. history,

 Because people who blow the whistle on the crimes or incompetence of Bushite zealots are traitors.

 Because we now have one-party Pinochet style of government in which the Bush judges would throw out any evidence regarding Bush complicity in death and destruction.

 Because the buck never stopped at Bush’s desk, but was diverted by Karl Rove and listed as missing.

 Because the media moguls got huge tax breaks which let them expand their stations, presses and holdings at will so they back up any lie of the administration with full misdirection.

 Because the Bush administration can scare off any journalist with Karl Rove stunts like “Rathergate” or “Koran Flushgate.” Or, how about those Swift Boat zealots?

 Much of the media form an echo chamber for GOP propaganda, in which Bush appears as a saint or Caesar, instead of a petulant, irritable, irresponsible, manic, vindictive would-be dictator.

 Because honest journalists get targets on their backs, whereas any reporter singing praises of Bush will get press passes, invitations, and have a flourishing career.

 Because the Bush Administration is using the war to justify attacks on the environment, such as opening up public lands, including the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, to drilling for oil.

 Because while the Bush Administration is waging war to get oil from Iraq, towns in the U.S. suffer from fossil-fuel pollution from power plants, oil refineries, and gas-guzzling recreation vehicles.

 Because we tried coups in Iraq, tried to encourage rebellion in Iraq, tried funding Iraqi opposition, then finally decided to try bombs, missiles, tanks and other peace-making methods.

 Because Bush wants to spread democracy, like manure, over the entire Middle East.

 Because Bush wants to appear like a reverse Robin Hood. Take from the poor and give to the rich.

 Because Bush’s messianic policies are driven by a venal desire to enrich his sponsors, not by any constitutional values.

 Because the Bush strategy reflects his simplistic nature: Strike without warning, strike hard, kill without compunction or regret, then give a self-satisfying smirk.

 Because to make war on Iraq was like Truman invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor.

 There were only two credible reasons for invading Iraq: control over oil and preservation of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. Yet Bush and Cheney keep silent on these factors.

 In 1990, Dick Cheney wrote: "Whoever controls the flow of Persian Gulf oil has a stranglehold not only on our economy but also on the other countries of the world as well."

 In 1999, Iran began pricing oil in Euros. In late 2000 Saddam made the switch for Iraqi oil. In early 2002 Bush declared, using the authority of his God, that Iran and Iraq were in “The Axis of Evil.” If other OPEC countries had followed the move to Euros, the consequences for neo-cons could have been disastrous. The dollar would plummet, the huge deficit would not be manageable and many U.S. and British corporations would go out of business.

 The need to secure access to Persian Gulf Oil was a major factor in deciding to invade Iraq. Protecting troops was secondary to protecting the vast oil fields.

 Bush planned to invade before he had any plan to protect, secure, feed, water, clothe, provide armor, house or best utilize US troops and equipment, other than blast the hell out of the Iraqis. Any soldiers killed for lack of body armor or armored vehicles are due to Bush impatience and recklessness.

 As long as Republicans control Congress there will be no serious investigation of corruption, mismanagement, incompetence, waste or stupidity of the highest officials of the Bush administration. They will do everything in their power to distract and trivialize or manipulate any investigation. Recently, however, the Democrats seem to have taken vitamins and have insisted that the Iraq War intelligence twisting should be investigated.

 If any investigation is to take place, secondary officials will take the bullet. The real reasons for Bush and his Neocons to invade Iraq will be sealed for a generation to come, unless some Deep Throat of the present neo-cons will reveal the national planning and strategy of the Bush crowd prior to 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq.

 All the details of the oil grab, the seizing of land for military bases, and the building of a huge embassy from which to launch strikes on Iran and Syria are still to be examined in detail, as well as the delightful details of torture, abuse and detention of anyone Bush feels should be tortured and abused to obtain the valuable information that some people hate him enough to blow themselves up as long as they can take some Bush people with them.

 In the meantime, if anyone knows of additional reasons why Bush invaded Iraq, please feel free to comment and supplement. Bush says he wants to know those facts.



Leave a comment
Print this article


Commentaires de l'article
 

> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Monday November 14 - 18:15 - Posted by 6386f7c55b25fbb6...

He did it because Israel told him to. I’d like to know what the stranglehold is that Israel seems to have on the U.S. What "goods" do they have on members of the government to make them so compliant?




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Monday November 14 - 21:17 - Posted by b0f25d8c042edb50...

Far to many to list. It is quite impressive how Israel manages it all. They wrote the book and continue to write new, ever refined chapters.

But, what overall everything is based on is a collective fear and hate of Islam.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 22:55 - Posted by 79029e8ecf612e51...

Israel!!! Exactly! That’s what I would like to know. -What do they have on us?
It’s time to cut them loose and let those bastards go at it tooth an nail. We have suffered long enough for a very small piece of land that we could care less about.
The 9-11 conspiracy theories abound these days and who knows, we may actually find the truth some day.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Sunday December 18 - 01:12 - Posted by b2375ba3cb96425b...

This is the closest to the facts.

Your biggest clue is that Israel offered the smallest opinion on WMD’s in 2002 even though they had intelligence to successfully bomb an Iraq nuclear plant in the 80’s.

But recently Israel vowed to bomb Iranian nuclear sites based on their own intelligence — not that of the US. (so they claim) The Israelis have been reportedly operating covertly in Iraq to gather intelligence on nuclear sites in Iran, but don’t be surprised if this story is a bit contrived to keep Bush off the hook, while effectively "drafting" the Israeli forces for forces to underpin the exhausted US troops and desperate congress up for reelection.

The Israelis have been forced out of the closet to take the lead on the invasion in Iran because Bush miscalculated the Iraq invasion so severely that the US military has been severely compromised at a time when the US Congress is dropping support for Bush to secure their own reelections in November.

The Shadow



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Monday November 14 - 21:07 - Posted by 4e0debf9580c12ee...

With the soaring cost of paragraphs these days, who can blame the writer for only using four of them.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Monday November 14 - 23:33 - Posted by 5246e7bc5d9e4711...

Maybe you should put paragraphs.
I cant read all that...
Make a summary
THANK YOU!



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 00:07 - Posted by d9d9a5b168fea1c3...

I have a wish, the lies will soon catch up with
bush, cheney, rumsfeldt, rice, rove, libby, tenet, and all those who support this adminstration.

Its to bad the congress, senate, house members are so blinded by the power and lies that each have found they have backed a invasion of lies.

Yet, when we speak out and protest, or speak out like many mothers and fathers who have lost their sons and duaghters ask the simple question WHY WHY/

aLL WE GET IS THOSE SMIRKS AND GRINS AFTER EACH LIE BUSH SPEAKS.

His state of Union address this coming Jan, I hope he has to face the fact that he and all his supporters will be impeached.

Its time we all take the responsible choice of stop hiding and backing the lies, I have lost respect for the branches of our government, not only each member that sits in the office
collecting their pay check and getting the benfits that we are all struggling to keep, when they sit in the office and pass more bills to destroy the welfare of American people. To send our troops then say we are not supporting out troops because we protest and speak out against the lies that bush and his gang have allowed to happen, we are looked down on, well if you think I can support the murder of our own people and millions of Iraq people based on lies by a person who thinks he is talking to god, that god told him to invade you are sick.

Impeach all of them ,

This is not about one party or the other being in power and control, its about doing the morel right not support lies based on lies. How much longer are they going to allow murder to go on. Prison abuse, spreading terror threats, even so rotten as to attack our own country within our own
government, then cover up the terror with more lies,

We need answers for Ok Neb bombing, , Sept. 11, Iraq war, the so called bird flue scare, why is the demand for vacinations on the top of the list. Why?, do they want to implant their chips, or give us something that will surely kill us off in time. Trust, i can not trust a grinning president who smirks, lies . The danger is in the white house what next????????
bush, cheney, rove, libby rice,

Next time you vote, forget the party line, look at the person and how and what he says, Do your home work, stop
and think, they all tell you what you want to hear and you are dumb enough to fall for it. Look at who is behind that person pulling the strings, setting up the lies. No wonder bush wants to keep cheney, rove, rice , rummy, they all protect his lies and assist in those lies.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 05:22 - Posted by 363ba26fe6828aba...

14NOV05
The World Bank runs the whole thing- plain and simple. They’ve retrieved their gold from the National Reserve and we’re living in a truly false economy. THERE’S NO GOLD TO BACK OUR MONEY. The Rothchilds plan from the 1400’s is in place and Bush and his cronies are stupid enough to help with the last bits of the plan. ’They’ were stupid enough to play puppet to the Rothchilds who will get what they want without having to make any promised payoff. They’re all going to go down, one way or another. They had all planned on making fortunes through last efforts of attaining the last of the ’free flowing’ oil and gouge everyone while they scramble to get their hybrid or electric cars and build their Green Design homes and cities. Even Rumsfeld’s plan to make his money on Tamiflu will fail when he finishes paying off lawsuits from tortured POW’s.
Come on everyone, wake up and remove the veil on this game. We need to fight back now. With the shorelines of the world disappearing as the poles melt- combined with the magnetic poles shifting and the added annoyance of our crazy guys in Alaska playing around like 8 year olds with the HAARP lasers to play with the extra available precipitation in the atmosphere to see if they can ’control’ the weather- we are living under the ultimate Chinese curse: "MAY YOU LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES".
To use your word: Your ’desultory article’ that bobs around like a dashboard toy is cute, but not hitting a mark. We could all babble about what might be going through Bush’s head, but then isn’t it politically incorrect to make fun of a retarded person?

Barb Lee, Arizona



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Thursday November 17 - 14:30 - Posted by b3e0be2352893876...

The USA never impeaches war-time presidents



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 00:13 - Posted by ba2da0e2edaa6b86...

God told George Bush to tell me to tell Peter Fredson that there is a key on your keyboard often referred to as "return" or "enter" and that he should learn to use it. This magic little key creates units known as paragraphs. When writers put more words in a paragraph than most books use in a chapter, readers drift away and never finish reading long diatribes....even when the author is making good points. Please learn to revise and edit yourself so your readers might possibly finish reading your good thoughts.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 13:06 - Posted by a8fd1333380470d0...

A lengthy pile of catrap, but at least it won’t be read. Why war in Iraq? Why world war II? Freedom under fire, and the fire met with counter fire. Iraq is a defensive action. Largely it has succeeded. How many elections held in Iraq where more than one candidate was on the ballot? How often did the Shia speak without fear?

Stop giving Italia a bad name.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Thursday November 17 - 15:44 - Posted by 73534d222e545596...

CIAO STUPIDO,
All elections are rigged...there is only one party across the globe...the ruling party of super elites, the bankers, corporate mongers and media moguls.
pui tarde
GG



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Monday December 12 - 12:21 - Posted by 3c8682d96271364e...

That would be claptrop. Consult a dictionary.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 16:57 - Posted by 7d4b7b7ed787a9af...

This is the most vile website I have ever visited! I’d like to see you spew these sentiments in the face of those who lost loved ones in 9/11. We are in Iraq because we were attacked and the worst possible thing that could happen is a terriost getting his hands on a nuclear weapon. If a dictator acts like he has weapons of mass destruction he better be prepared for what could come next! It’s dishearting to see that so many people, who have responded here, believe your lies.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 23:03 - Posted by 341323184e0a7881...

Iraq did nt attack the United States.

Saddam Hussein and Moslem Fundamentalists are diametrically opposed to each other.

Saddam could not defeat Iran after years of war, and in no way could he conquer the entire middle east.

The irony is that it was not Iran that attacted us, but rather those who we came to protect in the first Gulf War. If we had left Kuwait to Saddam Hussein, 911 would never have happened.

I don’t enjoy saying it to those in grief, but the plain and simple truth is that our people in the armed forces are being used as mercenaries. Turn your anger towards those that are using your childeren for their own profit.

Thomas W. Cranston



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Friday November 18 - 18:11 - Posted by 6709487258d1770a...

I think you are slightly confused. You say "Saddam Hussein and Moslem Fundamentalists are diametrically opposed to each other." Saddam is a Moslem Fundamentalist!!!
Saddam couldn’t defeat Iran after years of war because he lacked the means. He was severely outnumbered. So much in fact he would have lost that war if he hadn’t used chemical weapons as he did, killing massive amounts of people. Not to mention that it is illegal world wide to use chemical weapons at any time on anyone, he tested them on his own citizens.
Whether or not he could have conquered the whole Middle East was not the question. What was in question was whether he was a significant threat to the free world.

The US, lead by Bush along with the UN gave Saddam one last chance to allow the inspectors back in to the country to prove they didn’t have these weapons, with the warning that if they weren’t let in the UN lead by the US would attack. Saddam blatantly ignored the world. The UN backed out as they always do, having no backbone, but the US along with a coalition built of many countries kept there word.

Apparently you weren’t paying attention when an overwhelming majority in both the House and the senate voted to go to war with Iraq (Saddam’s regime). Many of these same politicians who voted to go then now say they were tricked into going and that President Bush played on all of our fears manipulating the situation. These are the same politicians who have for so long said that Bush is slow and not so bright. They say he’s only where he is today because of his family name and his money. All I have to say is if this “stupid” president manipulated the House, Senate and countries around the world into this war without anyone catching on than how smart are they and why should anyone listen to them? If they are that easily manipulated than how can we believe a word they say. Several politicians today are saying that going to war was a mistake. All I’ve got to say is: YOU VOTED FOR IT!!!
Iraq harbored terrorist organizations. This is a known fact. Not someone’s opinion.
I spent 9 months in Iraq and it’s foolish to believe that Iraq was not a target worth our attention regarding eliminating imminent threats to our nation.

The following quotes are all by President Clinton. Why the change of mind? Was he lying to?!!!
Quotes:
“the United States made a big mistake when it invaded Iraq”
“Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons”
"Along with Prime Minister (Tony) Blair of Great Britain, I made it equally clear that if Saddam failed to cooperate fully we would be prepared to act without delay, diplomacy or warning,"
"In halting our airstrikes in November, I gave Saddam a chance — not a license. If we turn our backs on his defiance, the credibility of U.S. power as a check against Saddam will be destroyed,"
"The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government — a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people,"
“Such a change in Baghdad would take time and effort”
“while other countries also had weapons of mass destruction, Hussein is in a different category because he has used such weapons against his own people and against his neighbors.”
These quotes were taken from the following website:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Friday November 25 - 19:51 - Posted by e6526a30a9cd92e3...

A little logic wouldn’t hurt here. Islamic fundamentalists want the government to be run by clerics. Saddam suppressed the clerics. Makes it hard for him to be a fundamentalist.
You say Saddam was no threat to his neighbors, but was a threat to world peace? How does that work? North Korea is a much bigger threat. Many more people were being killed by Sudan and other African governments than by Saddam, but we didn’t do anything about that.
No one has presented any evidence of a link between Iraq and Al Qaeda.
Yes, there are a lot of people who supported invading Iraq based upon the information given them by Bush. I did, too. The information was wrong, so I changed my opinion. It’s the logical thing to do. Apparently, you and Bush aren’t capable of doing that.
You seem to think Clinton had something to do with invading Iraq. Good luck with that.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Sunday November 20 - 14:25 - Posted by 5355babc5760d04b...

Iraq had nothing to do with it at all. The administration use Iraq as collaborators to 9/11 to invade their country to control the oil fields. But people don’t want to believe that but are now finally seeing that. We were tricked but some of us saw that from the beginning. People wake up.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 18:19 - Posted by df8751f5c0285267...

Well done. I don’t care about spelling or punctuation or structure. The message was clear and long. It would have to be long. But it is possibly not long enough to address all the lies and corruption from Bush’s spin doctors over the years. Nice attempt. My fingers cramp just thinking about it. ps don’t forget about guantanamo bay




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 20:56 - Posted by 801a501687fe2e90...

I agree with everyone but I *think* it was failure to comply with U.N. Resolution 1041.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 21:53 - Posted by ea58d0c8a526b11b...

I just returned from Afghanistan from an assignment in support of the U.S. Military as a civillian. I have seen the scarrs on the backs ,hands, faces and buttock of the Afghanistan people who were caught listening to music or their beards were not long enough to satisfy the religious requirements of the Pakistani religious group called the Taliban . You complain of the Abuses of the enemy of even taking their pictures in what might be call an unflattering position and some how rationalize that our troops or Americans who are taken prisoner might some how suffer the same fate. However there has been no American soldier or civillian who has been taken hostage by our enimies who has been return to us alive whith the exception of some who have been able to escape on there own . And all of them wished that the only abuse that they had received was only a few unflattering picture ! Think of what your freedom, Peter, to have written this article would have been under Suddam or the Taliban .When even a muslim Prof.in Suadi Arabia will be given 750 lashes for just speaking a few favorable words about the jews. I wonder how many lashes you would get for such a long article! In the world of the Islamic Extremist ,Life is Really expenidible and cheap. How much do you think your life would be valued by them Peter ? Think about it! RON PARMENTER LEBANON OREGON




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Tuesday November 15 - 23:09 - Posted by 4e0debf9580c12ee...

I hope that support assignment you were on wasn’t as a grammarian. Hell, my six year old niece has a better grasp of he written language. But, being free, I suppose, also means one can "write" however one wants.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Wednesday November 16 - 00:15 - Posted by 13ccb831b2164863...

Thats Afganistan.

Whats that got to do with Iraq?



OIL! OIL! OIL!
Wednesday November 16 - 18:40 - Posted by cc73cf80cd2a7855...

What the Fuck is OUR oil doing under their sand ?
OUR OIL! OUR OIL!
WE WANT IT BACK NOW!



> OIL! OIL! OIL!
Thursday November 17 - 14:34 - Posted by b3e0be2352893876...

What DO you mean by "OUR OIL" ??? It makes no sense, your post that is.

However, Willie Nelson of FARM AID and a country singer in the USA for 40+ years uses VEGETABLE OIL and SOY OIL that comes from the USA to run all his vehicles and trucks and his idea is that we all do this and then we wouldn’t be so DEPENDENT on Middle East oil.

Unfortunately, most of the folks in the USA just don’t get it!!! Hybrid cars too, electric, are being bought up by lots of people now in the US. We need to rethink what we all are doing in the USA regarding OIL.



> OIL! OIL! OIL!
Thursday November 17 - 21:07 - Posted by 2d214de70f0d0a89...

Yes I agree,but will they make them affordable?
We have a lot of poor people in this country,especially now.
I personally cannot afford to buy an electric powered auto.
Wish I could.



> OIL! OIL! OIL!
Sunday November 20 - 17:28 - Posted by b3e0be2352893876...

well, I just googled that and looked at Honda Insight which is a hybrid and it’s $19,000. That’s a fairly good price, I do believe. My Toyota Solara back in ’01 cost $24,000. So? Whatcha think?



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Wednesday November 16 - 22:11 - Posted by 35fc235fa66f11b2...

In this article, for the waterway between Persia (Iran) and Arabia two names have been used ! The correct name is Persian Gulf. UN also use this name.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Sunday November 20 - 14:21 - Posted by 5355babc5760d04b...

OIL - Control the Oil supply in that region. If there were no oil there do you think we would be there, of course not. The rest of the excuses for being there is b.s. nothing more. If they had watermelons and oranges fields and cotton there only do you think we would be there, of course not. The rest is pure bologna.




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Sunday November 20 - 17:25 - Posted by b3e0be2352893876...

Absolutely correct......as a matter of fact, us Americans *forget* very easily....so as a nonforgetting American, let me remind you all...that when we first got to Iraq in 2003
somebody put American Flags on EVERY SINGLE OIL WELL in Iraq. Do you remember
reading that 2-3/4 years ago? Do you remember seeing the Flags on those oil wells?
If not, so be it. I’m okay because I remember it well. We went there and became
imperialistic........and now they want to make a pseudo French Riviera in Iraq. *tsk *tsk* As a 4th generation American, and a patriot of America, I’m ashamed of us.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Thursday November 24 - 13:32 - Posted by b4897178de8de2f6...

"Absolutely correct......as a matter of fact, us Americans *forget* very easily....so as a nonforgetting American, let me remind you all...that when we first got to Iraq in 2003"
We first got to Iraq more than a decade ago. The current conflict closes that war.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Thursday November 24 - 13:28 - Posted by b4897178de8de2f6...

I thought this was going to at least be a joke article but it just went on with pages and pages of unfunny disinformation.

Interesting, when I previewed this message it said "caution : we will erase messages with caractere defamatory, abusive, xenophobe, sexist, the threats, politic and commercial advertising..."
this policy isn’t applied to the articles here though.




This honestly is the true reason for everything!
Sunday November 27 - 21:47 - Posted by da20451f2bc99c75...

All I am trying to prove here is that there is more to what meets the eye.

Bush ties to Bin Laden - This is very alarming but they used to be buddies. They probably still are thats why he hasnt been caught!

Taliban - Roots in Pakistan, fanatic Islamic organisation that spread to other countries like Afghanistan. Used to wage terrorist attacks on India for decades and still does. With the help of US arms! The only reason why they controlled Afghanistan is because the US left it to them when they left as a gift for helping them fight the Russian occupation.

9/11 perpetuated by the US government with the help of the Pakistani airforce. There is no doubt of this look at the facts. The reasoning behind it was to give the US a reason to attack and invade Iraq. Most of the so called terrorists on the three flights were from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. There was no reasoning to go to Iraq, but at the time it seemed the right thing to do.....because all those foreign Muslim countries like Iraq and Aghanistan.....same thing....they all have terrorists.

Going to Afghanistan looked legitimate, but it was not because it was all pre planned and perpetuated, Osama betrayed his own followers it was all for money.

Its just a game and the US media is full of crap because they do nothing but twist the truth, and broadcast lies to get all the Americans excited.

The US is supposed to have seperation of Church and State......and comming form someone living in the bible belt, there are more religious fanatics here than there are anywhere. They would probably kill because they had a dream with God in it and he told them too, which is ironic because that is exactly what BUSH did. That was to please all the religious koo koo banana monkey brains out there in the Midwest......most people I know that lived here voted for his re-election based on two facts that hes freeing oppressed people and that hes a huge christian that believes in god and is doing his work.....I personally think all of the poeple that voted for him based on those two facts alone should be shot.

We call these countries allies, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Pakistan, because they help the Bush administration. Pakistan has a dictator for a leader! why not attack them and spread freedom to them? So is Saudi Arabia, its run by a tyrant family. And Israel I dont even want to go there. Do you really think these countries are all goody two shoes? Pakistan is a rouge and terrorist state and yet the US calls it an ally because they dont really have any allies.

There is one and only one reason why we are in Iraq and many of you have pointed it out and its because of oil. And Bush had some personal things that he wanted to take care of such as keeping his buddies in Israel happy by protecting them.

Oh and Wal-Mart and Centennial and Haliburton and the oil companies, geez I wonder who they are screwing.....NO really I WONDER!

Theres my two cents oh and for all those military nuts out there who think questioning their commander in chief is absurd, think again because your brain has been programmed not to think for yourself but to take orders. Its sad but true. Remember Korea, Vietnam!!!!??????




> This honestly is the true reason for everything!
Tuesday November 29 - 05:37 - Posted by 49900f8a568a2cf1...

So thinking for yourself requires mouthing Michael Moore’s fictional story lines. I saw F911 - I think you need to think for your self and take off that stupid tin foil hat, it makes you look like a fool.



> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Monday December 5 - 03:39 - Posted by ad7a4ad5628293d0...

BUSHIE-POO GOTS RILLY CLOSE TIES TO THE FUNERUL INDISTRY!! IF THAT AINT A REAZON 4 STARTIN A WAR- WHAT IS??

MITCH




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Wednesday December 7 - 12:34 - Posted by fe0bfa0037e16788...

Because the Jews ordered him to do it

Because he wanted to create a wasteland and call it democracy




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Thursday December 8 - 09:10 - Posted by fe0bfa0037e16788...

Because the Israeli-American Jewish axis thought that saving a few Israeli bus passegers at the cost of thousands of dead and maimed goyim was worth it




> WANT TO KNOW WHY BUSH DECLARED WAR?
Thursday December 8 - 14:50 - Posted by fe0bfa0037e16788...

Because they told Bush, Cheyne and Rumfeld that "shabbos goy" translated as "brave heroic warriour"

alternatively

Because having a "shabbos goy" means not having to ask.







Skorpios: the cursed island
Friday 24 - 17:05
by David Gibbs
Who Should Make Political Policy, the People or the Politicians?
Friday 24 - 15:14
by William John Cox
Greece: an unholy alliance between Syriza and Rybolovlev, the billionaire of Rus
Wednesday 22 - 17:00
by David Gibbs
Hollow Women of the Hegemon Part II: Atrocity Enabling Harpies
Tuesday 21 - 18:49
by Dr. June Terpstra
The American Republic Manifestum book is being made into a Movie
Saturday 11 - 15:54
by William Morgan
Write-in Voting and Political Protest
Wednesday 1 - 15:05
by William John Cox
Yves Bouvier art battle plays out in online and social media arena
Tuesday 31 - 21:12
by Dean Bagley
Damaged Candidate Clinton Can’t Call Out Trump
Friday 27 - 13:53
by Daniel Patrick Welch
PLEDGE OF THE NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY
Tuesday 24 - 21:53
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
LET TEXAS SECEDE
Thursday 19 - 00:53
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
LAS TRES ERRES A LA ENÉSIMA POTENCIA.-
Monday 16 - 15:35
by FREDDY SUBDIAGA
DEMAGOGIA POPULISTA...
Monday 16 - 15:26
by FREDDY SUBDIAGA
Oligarchs Won’t Let You Vote Their Wars Away
Wednesday 11 - 20:24
by Daniel Patrick Welch
AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL: JOHN KERRY - FROM HIS REMARKABLE RECENT COMMENCEMENT ADDR
Monday 9 - 20:40
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton support the American Republic Manifestum
Monday 9 - 16:37
by William Morgan
Transformation: A Student-Led Mass Political Movement
Monday 25 - 19:28
by William John Cox
Algerian Feminists react to ’Hijab Day’ in Paris 2016
Monday 25 - 01:13
THE ILLUSION OF RIGHTS
Friday 22 - 18:45
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
US is real superpredator pretending to be victim
Monday 18 - 22:23
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Gaiacomm International has accidently created a fusion reaction/ignition.
Sunday 17 - 17:01
by William Morgan
Clinton’s Campaign Continues to Highlight Horrible Hillary
Saturday 9 - 00:57
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Armoiries racistes à Harvard : Plaidoyer pour la réflexion socio-historique
Thursday 7 - 18:56
by Samuel Beaudoin Guzzo
THANK YOU MISSISSIPPI FOR YOUR HATE
Wednesday 6 - 02:02
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
The PKK in Iraq: “We are ready to fight ISIS everywhere in the world”
Monday 4 - 14:33
by InfoAut
Clinton Crashes and Burns, Sanders Will Win (But hold off on the applause)
Friday 1 - 22:33
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Confirming Supreme Court Justices and Electing Presidents
Friday 1 - 20:59
by William John Cox
PCBS: "As Palestinians Mark Land Day, Israeli Illegally Controls More Than 85% O
Wednesday 30 - 14:06
by Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics - PCBS
RUNAWAY TRAIN America’s election and its inability to alter the nation’s deadly
Friday 25 - 16:49
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Vicky Nuland, Neocon Hypocrite: Syria Pullout won’t ’let Russia off the hook’
Friday 18 - 15:59
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Time to End the Clintons’ Unearned Pass on Race
Wednesday 16 - 23:22
by Daniel Patrick Welch
TRUMP’S ANTI IMMIGRANT RACISM NOT CONFINED TO US
Wednesday 16 - 16:37
by Daniel Patrick Welch
Between bids and sponsoring, Samsung’s peculiar business practices
Friday 11 - 14:49
by Hannah Howard
I, European citizen, won’t let refugees be rejected in my name
Thursday 10 - 09:24
Slovaquie : Manifestation contre l’entrée au Parlement d’un parti néo-nazi
Tuesday 8 - 22:09
by Samuel Beaudoin Guzzo
WHAT IS REALLY AT STAKE IN THE ODDEST AMERICAN ELECTION SEASON OF A LIFETIME
Tuesday 8 - 11:53
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
2 comments
I FINALLY HAVE PROOF, A CRAFT AND AN ALIEN…
Tuesday 8 - 04:55
by gaiacomm
The Scandal of Voter Suppression in America
Tuesday 1 - 22:39
by William John Cox
Are you bothering to vote? If so, read this about the Killmeister
Tuesday 1 - 14:14
by Daniel Patrick Welch
2 comments
HILLARY’S SECRET LETTER AND THE WHOLE MATTER OF ENDLESS WAR AND THE ALMOST COMPL
Monday 29 - 21:49
by JOHN CHUCKMAN
WHY BLACK LIVES MATTER MATTERS
Sunday 21 - 06:19
by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru

home | webmaster



Follow-up of the site's activity
RSS Bellaciao En


rss FR / rss IT / rss ES



Bellaciao hosted by DRI

Organize, agitate, educate, must be our war cry. Susan B. Anthony
Facebook Twitter Google+
DAZIBAO
I, European citizen, won’t let refugees be rejected in my name
Thursday 10 March
©Olivier Jobard/Myop I, European citizen, won’t let refugees be rejected in my name THE RIGHT TO ASYLUM IS A RIGHT In the phrase « right to asylum », every word matters. Under the law, every person who is persecuted because of his or her political opinions or because of his or her identity, every person that is endangered by violence, war or misery has a RIGHT to seek asylum in another country The aim of this petition is to collect (...)
read more...
Neo-Nazis and far-right protesters in Ukraine 3 live-stream
Friday 24 January
2 comments
The far-right in Ukraine are acting as the vanguard of a protest movement that is being reported as pro-democracy. The situation on the ground is not as simple as pro-EU and trade versus pro-Putin and Russian hegemony in the region. When US Senator John McCain dined with Ukraine’s opposition leaders in December, he shared a table and later a stage with the leader of the extreme far-right Svoboda party Oleh Tyahnybok. This is Oleh Tyahnybok, he has claimed a "Moscow-Jewish mafia" (...)
read more...
Hugo Chavez is dead (video live)
Wednesday 6 March
by : Collective BELLACIAO
1 comment
President Hugo Chavez companeros venezueliano died after a long battle with cancer.
read more...
International initiative to stop the war in Syria Yes to democracy, no to foreign intervention!
Thursday 13 December
Your support here: http://www.peaceinsyria.org/support.php We, the undersigned, who are part of an international civil society increasingly worried about the awful bloodshed of the Syrian people, are supporting a political initiative based on the results of a fact-finding mission which some of our colleagues undertook to Beirut and Damascus in September 2012. This initiative consists in calling for a delegation of highranking personalities and public figures to go to Syria in order to (...)
read more...
THE KU KLUX KLAN ONCE AGAIN CONTROLS INDIANA
Monday 12 November
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
7 comments
At first glance, the results of America’s 2012 election appear to be a triumph for social, racial, and economic justice and progress in the United States: California voters passed a proposition requiring the rich to shoulder their fair share of the tax burden; Two states, Colorado and Washington, legalized the recreational use of marijuana, while Massachusetts approved the use of marijuana for medical purposes; Washington and two other states, Maine and Maryland, legalized same-sex (...)
read more...
I’VE DECIDED TO "WASTE" MY VOTE
Sunday 28 October
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
In a 2004 episode of Comedy Central’s animated series South Park, an election was held to determine whether the new mascot for the town’s elementary school would be a “giant douche” or a “turd sandwich.” Confronted with these two equally unpalatable choices, one child, Stan Marsh, refused to vote at all, which resulted in his ostracization and subsequent banishment from the town. Although this satirical vulgarity was intended as a commentary on the two (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART IV
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART I PART II PART III If there is one major inconsistency in life, it is that young people who know little more than family, friends and school are suddenly, at the age of eighteen, supposed to decide what they want to do for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, because of their limited life experiences, the illusions they have about certain occupations do not always comport to the realities. I discovered this the first time I went to college. About a year into my studies, I (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART III
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART I PART II PART IV Disillusioned with the machinations of so-called “traditional” colleges, I became an adjunct instructor at several “for-profit” colleges. Thanks largely to the power and pervasiveness of the Internet, “for-profit” colleges (hereinafter for-profits) have become a growing phenomenon in America. They have also been the subject of much political debate and the focus of a Frontline special entitled College Inc. Unlike traditional (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART II
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART I PART III PART IV Several years ago, a young lady came into the college where I was teaching to inquire about a full-time instructor’s position in the sociology department. She was advised that only adjunct positions were available. Her response was, “No thanks. Once an adjunct, always an adjunct.” Her words still echo in my mind. Even as colleges and universities raise their tuition costs, they are relying more and more on adjunct instructors. Adjuncts are (...)
read more...
HIGHER EDUCATION IN AMERICA: DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? PART I
Friday 28 September
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
PART II PART III PART IV When The Bill of Rights was added to the United States Constitution over two hundred years ago, Americans were blessed with many rights considered to be “fundamental.” One conspicuously missing, however, was the right to an education. This was not surprising given the tenor of the times. America was primarily an agrarian culture, and education, especially higher education, was viewed as a privilege reserved for the children of the rich and (...)
read more...
ONE SOLITARY LIFE, PART TWO
Monday 30 July
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
3 comments
If there is one universal question that haunts all human beings at some point in their lives, it is, “Why do we die?” Death, after all, is the great illogic. It ultimately claims all, the rich and the poor, the mighty and the small, the good and the evil. Death also has the capability to make most human pursuits—such as the quest for wealth, fame and power—vacuous and fleeting. Given this reality, I have often wondered why so many people are still willing to (...)
read more...
HOW MUCH CORRUPTION CAN DEMOCRACY ENDURE?
Thursday 28 June
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
6 comments
How much corruption can a “democracy” endure before it ceases to be a democracy? If five venal, mendacious, duplicitous, amoral, biased and (dare I say it) satanic Supreme Court “justices”—John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Anthony Kennedy—have their way, America will soon find out. In several previous articles for Pravda.Ru, I have consistently warned how the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision is one of the (...)
read more...
DEMOCRACY IN THE HANDS OF IDIOTS, PART TWO
Tuesday 12 June
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
1 comment
Imagine, if you will, that the United States government passes a law banning advertisers from sponsoring commercials on Rush Limbaugh’s radio show or Rupert Murdoch’s Fox (Faux) “News” Network. On one hand, there would be two decided advantages to this ban: The National IQ would undoubtedly increase several percentage points, and manipulative pseudo-journalists would no longer be able to appeal to the basest instincts in human nature for ratings and profit while (...)
read more...
DEMOCRACY IN THE HANDS OF IDIOTS
Thursday 7 June
by : David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
4 comments
LIVE, from the State that brought you Senator Joseph McCarthy, Wisconsin voters now proudly present, fresh from his recall election victory, Governor Scott Walker! At first glance, it is almost unfathomable that anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have voted to retain Scott Walker as Wisconsin’s governor. This, after all, is a man who openly declared he is trying to destroy the rights of workers through a “divide and conquer” strategy; who received 61% of the (...)
read more...
PEOPLE WITHOUT SOULS
Tuesday 13 March
by : David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
2 comments
A question I’ve frequently been asked since I began writing for Pravda.Ru in 2003 is, “Why did you become disillusioned with the practice of law?” This question is understandable, particularly since, in most people’s minds, being an attorney is synonymous with wealth and political power. I’ve always been reluctant to answer this question for fear it will discourage conscientious and ethical people from pursuing careers in the legal profession—a (...)
read more...