Real WikiLeaks Scandal: Mainstream reports secret US documents but not 90 million dead from US occupation
by : Dr Gideon Polya
Friday December 3, 2010 - 22:30
WikiLeaks has been closed down world-wide and its heroic founder Julian Assange is facing arrest. Yet the WikiLeaks saga obscures an even more appalling reality that Mainstream media, politicians and academics are remorselessly lying about past and present genocidal realities from the Iraqi, Palestinjan, Tamil and Afghan Genocides to the worsening Global Avoidable Mortality Holocaust and looming Climate Genocide that is set to kill 10 billion people this century.
The New Statesman has published a lawyer’s view of the WikiLeaks saga. The article by lawyer and writer David Allen Green (legal correspondent of the New Statesman; shortlisted for the George Orwell Prize in 2010) legitimately praises WikiLeaks re transparency and then incorrectly damns it re accountability (non-electedness), legality and privacy: “The release by WikiLeaks of US government cables is a sheer triumph for transparency… But transparency is not the only liberal value. There are others, and these are important, too. For example, there is the value of legitimacy: those who wield power in the public interest should normally have some democratic mandate or accountability… Another liberal value is legality: the belief that actions – especially those that affect others – should have a basis in law… A third liberal value is privacy: the belief that, in certain human affairs, private space is required… Nonetheless, WikiLeaks remains a powerful but undemocratic and unaccountable entity that shows a general disregard for both the rule of law and the practical need for certain communications and data to be confidential. So, from a liberal perspective, there is a great deal to commend WikiLeaks, but there is also a lot that should cause a liberal to be concerned” (see David Green, “WikiLeaks and the liberal mind””, New Statesman, 1 December 2010: http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/t... ).
David Green’s legal caveats can be countered by the following not uncommon situation on the daily TV news in which a citizen who has witnessed a violent and deadly crime tells all to the media - yet lawyers would argue that the witness is unaccountable (unelected) and jeopardizes the fair trial and privacy of the accused!
WikiLeaks provides some documentary evidence with a bearing on US Alliance armed robbery and mass murder. The US with 5% of the world’s population consumes 25% of its resources and to achieve this lies, suborns, subverts, threatens invades, occupies, tortures and mass murders.
The US has invaded and violently occupied some 30 countries since 1950 (see William Blum’s “Rogue State”), is currently directly involved in 5 wars (in Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan), is currently directly occupying 3 territories (Iraq, Afghanistan and Diego Garcia) and is indirectly involved in further wars and occupations by its allies (in Occupied Haiti, Occupied Somalia, Occupied Syria, Occupied Palestine and US robot-bombed NW Pakistan, currently operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases worldwide in 63 countries, has US military personnel in 156 countries, and deploys 255,065 US military personnel Worldwide (for details see Professor Jules Dufour, President of the United Nations Association of Canada (UNA-C) – Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean branch, Research Associate at the Center for Research on Globalization (CRG), Emeritus Professor of Geography at the University of Quebec, Chicoutimi, and Chevalier de l’Ordre national du Québec, “The world-wide network of US military bases. The global deployment of US military personnel”, Global Research, 1 July 2007: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.... ).
The real WikiLeaks scandal is that while Mainstream media (MSM) will publish some of the US document leaks it will NOT report the horrendous human cost of US violence and hegemony, data that is readily available from UN Agencies like UNICEF and the UN Population Division (examples below).
1. 22 million annual avoidable deaths (mostly women and children) on Spaceship Earth with America in charge of the flight deck (UN Population Division data: http://esa.un.org/UNPP/ ).
2. 1,000 children die avoidably every day in the US Overseas Empire under Obama (see "Hey, hey, USA, how many kids did you kill today? Answer: 1,000": http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ).
3. 8 million violent deaths or non-violent deaths from deprivation in the US War on Terror, the breakdown being 2.5 million (Occupied Iraq), 4.9 million (Occupied Afghanistan) and 0.8 million (global opiate drug-related deaths due to US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry) (see Iraqi Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide: https://sites.google.com/site/iraqi... and Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide: https://sites.google.com/site/afgha... ).
4. 1950-2005 avoidable deaths in countries occupied in the post-1945 era by the US and the UK (excluding Germany and Japan) total 82 million and 727 million, respectively (see "Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950" by Gideon Polya: http://globalavoidablemortality.blo... ).
5. Annual under-5 infant deaths (90% avoidable) in US- or US surrogate-occupied countries total 916,000 (i.e. 0.9 million), the breakdown being 311,000 (Occupied Afghanistan), 19,000 (Occupied Haiti), 41,000 (Occupied Iraq; Puppet Government figures; more likely circa 100,000), 465,000 (US robot-bombed Pakistan), 4,000 (Occupied Palestine) and 76,000 (Occupied Somalia) (UNICEF: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry... ).
6. For impoverished countries avoidable deaths are approximately 1.4 times the under-5 infant deaths and accordingly annual avoidable deaths in US- or US surrogate-occupied countries total 1.3 million, the breakdown being 435,000 (Occupied Afghanistan), 27,000 (Occupied Haiti), 57,000 (Occupied Iraq; Puppet Government figures; more likely circa 140,000), 651,000 (US robot-bombed Pakistan), 6,000 (Occupied Palestine) and 106,000 (Occupied Somalia) (UNICEF: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry... ).
7. For Spaceship Earth subject to First World (largely USA) hegemony, 1950-2005 avoidable deaths (excess deaths, deaths that did not have to happen) totaled 1.3 billion (the World), 1.2 billion (the non-European World) and 0.6 billion (the Muslim World), the latter statistic revealing a Muslim Holocaust 100 times greater than the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) or the “forgotten” WW2 Bengali Holocaust (6-7 million Indian starved to death by the British in the WW2 Bengal Famine (see "Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950" by Gideon Polya: http://globalavoidablemortality.blo... ; “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History” by Gideon Polya: http://janeaustenand.blogspot.com/ ; and Gideon Polya, “The forgotten holocaust. The 1943/44 Bengal Famine”: http://globalavoidablemortality.blo... ).
8. Consonant with the above data, 1950-2005 under-5 infant deaths totaled 0.88 billion (the World), 0.85 billion (the non-European World) and 0.4 billion (the Muslim World) (see "Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950" by Gideon Polya: http://globalavoidablemortality.blo... ).
9. The world is facing a worsening climate emergency due to man-made greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution. Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming. Noting that the world population is expected to reach 9.5 billion by 2050, these estimates translate to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims in a terminal Muslim Holocaust, 2 billion Indians, 1.3 billion non-Arab Africans, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis (see “Climate Genocide”: https://sites.google.com/site/clima... ).
The Mainstream media (MSM) that boldly report the sensational WikiLeaks document scandals resolutely refuse to report the above statistics in an appalling process of continuing holocaust ignoring genocide ignoring, holocaust denial and genocide denial. Indeed the very terms variously used by scholars to describe some of these horrendous events Bengali Holocaust, Iraqi Holocaust, Afghan Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide, Afghan Genocide, Palestinian Genocide and Climate Genocide are totally eliminated from Mainstream discourse (e.g. for a detailed analysis see “Australian ABC ignores holocaust and genocide atrocities”: https://sites.google.com/site/mains... ).
One has to turn to fiction for analysis of this extraordinary perversion of the Mainstream media. Barbara Kingsolver in her great novel "The Lacuna" (lacuna meaning hiatus, blank, missing part, gap, cavity, or empty space) has Russian Communist revolutionary and theorist Leon Trotsky (Lev) and his assistant Van have the following discussion about media (part 3, p159, Faber & Faber, London, 2009 edition): ""But newspapers have a duty to truth", Van said. Lev [Trotsky] clicked his tongue. "They tell the truth only as the exception. Zola [French novelist of "J’accuse" fame] wrote that the mendacity of the press could be could be divided into two groups: the yellow press lies every day without hesitating. But others, like the Times , speak the truth on all inconsequential occasions, so they can deceive the public with the requisite authority when it becomes necessary." Van got up from his chair to gather the cast-off newspapers. Lev took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. " I don’t mean to offend the journalists; they aren’t any different from other people. They’re merely the megaphones of other people" … [Trotsky observes to his assistant Shepherd] “Soli, let me tell you. The most important thing about a person is always the thing you don’t know”” (p218).
Jake in “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter” by Carson McCullers put it more succinctly: “But the main thing he sees is that the whole system of the world is built on a lie.”
The extraordinary lying by omission of the Mainstream media of the “democratic fascist” Western Murdochracies and Lobbyocracies is on a par with the lying by omission of totalitarian societies. Indeed Soviet Union dictator Joseph Stalin famously declared “A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.”
Nazi German dictator Adolph Hitler coined the phrase “The Big Lie” in his book “Mein Kampf”: “in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.” (for a detailed analysis of media lying see Gideon Polya, “Rare ethical writers expose media lying”, Countercurrents, 29 May 2010: http://www.countercurrents.org/poly... ).
In conclusion, WikiLeaks has been closed down around the World and World hero and WikiLeaks principal, Australian Julian Assange, is facing arrest and has nowhere to hide in a neocon-dominated World committed to lying and to The Big Lie.
The lying, pro-war, pro-Zionist, pro-US Australian Government promises that Julian Assange will be arrested if he returns to Australia. Yet the brutal government-corporate censorship of WikiLeaks hides the horrendous lying by holocaust-denying Mainstream media, politicians and academics in the Western Murdochracies.
What can decent people do? Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity. We must be inspired by the example of World hero Julian Assange and (a) tell everyone we can about Mainstream lying and (b) urge Sanctions and Boycotts against all mainstream media, politicians and academics complicit in The Big Lie.
A Proposal of Peace to President Obama
Tuesday 11 - 06:16by SON OF A BUSH
Fukushima: A River Runs Through It
Saturday 8 - 17:03by Bob Nichols, Project Censored Award Winner
HILLARY LIKENS PUTIN TO HITLER
Saturday 8 - 05:36by SON OF A BUSH
Polio Continues To Be A Major Threat For Millions Of Children
Saturday 8 - 00:39by Brian McAfee
The Dark Ages Have Descended Anew: No Truth Need Apply
Friday 7 - 22:01by Daniel Patrick Welch
Rule by oligarchs: Kiev appoints billionaires to govern east (video)
Friday 7 - 10:29
Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked EU’s Ashton phone tape (videos)
Thursday 6 - 10:42
Ukraine: Secretive Neo-Nazi Military Organization Involved in Euromaidan Snyper Shootings
Thursday 6 - 10:32by F. William Engdahl
Ukraine crisis: bugged call reveals conspiracy theory about Kiev snipers (video)
Thursday 6 - 08:41by Ewen MacAskill
The Lvov pogrom of 1941
Wednesday 5 - 09:35
In Birzeit, ‘Trigger Happy’ Israel Vindicates Amnesty’s Report
Wednesday 5 - 09:24by Nicola Nasser
CIA‘s Use of Nazi Strategy on Ukrainian Right-Wing Nationalists Unabated since Cold War
Wednesday 5 - 09:15by Wayne MADSEN
VLADIMIR PUTIN, THE WORLD’S LAST TRUE STATESMAN
Tuesday 4 - 15:40by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Apartheid Australia: false defamation of anti-racist Jews who support BDS
Tuesday 4 - 02:20by Dr Gideon Polya
US MEDIA : GIVING PROSTITUTION A BAD NAME
Tuesday 4 - 02:13by SON OF A BUSH
Blessing in disguise: Ukraine may be the last straw—if it doesn’t kill us all
Monday 3 - 22:38by Daniel Patrick Welch
News Ukraine The far right groups patrolling Kiev (video)
Monday 3 - 09:56
Ukrainian troops dispatched in Crimea switch to region’s side – sources
Monday 3 - 00:18
If the Defense Department’s Not Defensive, What Would Be?
Sunday 2 - 23:12by David Swanson
South Central US Poisoned by New Mexico Nuke Garbage Dump
Sunday 2 - 17:22by Bob Nichols, Project Censored Award Winner
Worst Man for the Job : What the Hell is Obama Thinking?
Saturday 1 - 23:57by Daniel Patrick Welch
RUSSIA TO INVADE UKRAINE
Saturday 1 - 21:39by Son OF A BUSH
Letter of march to Obama.
Saturday 1 - 09:09by kakine
On Making Earthian Life Fairer and Sustainable
Wednesday 26 - 17:13by Richard John Stapleton
Imperial Overstretch Olympics: The West and Ukraine
Tuesday 25 - 01:08by Daniel Patrick Welch
Imperial Overstretch Olympics: As sun sets on beautiful Sochi, jealous west take
Tuesday 25 - 01:03by Daniel Patrick Welch
Kharkov 3000 people and protect the statue of Lenin still standing (video)
Tuesday 25 - 00:23
IF UKRAINE GOES
Tuesday 25 - 00:16by SON OF A BUSH
Ukrainian “Parliament” drops Mask, reveals Fascist Nature
Monday 24 - 16:10
Odessa condemns Euro-fascism (video)
Monday 24 - 13:49
Soon, the Battle for Venezuela
Monday 24 - 12:56by ANDRE VLTCHEK
US /EU Are Erecting A Nazi Regime On Ukrainian Territory
Monday 24 - 06:07by Johnny Canuck
Review: "Wanting" by Richard Flanagan - UK Tasmanian Aboriginal Genocide exposed
Friday 21 - 23:42by Dr Gideon Polya
Imagine the shoe on the other foot
Friday 21 - 18:39by Daniel Patrick Welch
Egyptian historic breakthrough with Russia, not a strategic shift yet
Friday 21 - 08:09by Nicola Nasser
Why We Need Tenure in Colleges and Universities
Thursday 20 - 16:10by Richard John Stapleton
Problems Managing Colleges and Universities
Wednesday 19 - 15:43by Richard John Stapleton
BEWARE THE BANKSTER’S BAIL IN
Tuesday 18 - 18:15by SON OF A BUSH
Canada Welcomes Mossad Assassin, Offers Him New Identity
Monday 17 - 11:50by Johnny Canuck
UNDERSTANDING MODERN ISRAEL: WHY IT IS DRIVING THE WORLD TOWARDS MADNESS
Sunday 16 - 17:32by JOHN CHUCKMAN