Home > 2010 Elections in pro-war UK and Apartheid Australia: Put Labour Last in (...)
2010 Elections in pro-war UK and Apartheid Australia: Put Labour Last in UK, Put Labor Last in Australiaby Open-Publishing - Saturday 27 March 2010
2010 is an Election Year in both the UK and Australia and hence a crucial year for both the British Labour Party Government of the UK and the Australian Labor Party Federal Government of Australia (note the difference in spelling: “Labour” by the British and “Labor” by the Australians).
The big question for decent, anti-racist, anti-war folk in both the UK and Australian Murdochracies (the Murdoch Empire is the ultimate king-maker in these electoral charades) is whether they should prefer, in practice, an extreme right wing, pro-war, anti-environment Conservative Government or an extreme right wing, pro-war, anti-environment Labour (Labor) government?
My considered position is that we should “Put Labour Last” in the UK and “Put Labor Last” in Apartheid Australia as outlined below.
Most importantly, the UK electoral system is “first past the post” - whichever candidate (Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat, Socialist or Independent) gets the largest number of votes wins the seat in the House of Commons and whichever party or coalition of parties gets a majority in the House of Commons gets to form the Government.
For decent, anti-war, anti-racist, pro-environment, humanitarian Britons the choice is simple. As stated by Liberal Democrat Leader Nick Clegg commenting on Gordon Brown’s appearance before the Chilcot Inquiry on the Iraq War: “This was the day Gordon Brown finally had to come clean and admit that he believes the Iraq war was right. We now know we were betrayed by Gordon Brown and we were betrayed by the Labour Party. How can we trust a man who still believes that this illegal war and all the horror it has caused was right? When the Liberal Democrats were the only party to oppose this immoral invasion we didn’t just speak for us, we spoke for the nation.” (see Liberal Democrats, “Brown’s Iraq admission shows he cannot be trusted says Clegg”, 5 March 2010”: http://www.libdems.org.uk/press_rel... ).
Further, pro-Zionist, pro-war, war criminal neocon British Labour is actually worse than the pro-Zionist, pro-war, war criminal neocon British Conservatives of whom it could be generously said: “God forgive them for they know not what they do” , After all the genocidal, racist Tories have been invading , occupying, devastating and mass murdering the inhabitants of other countries for over 3 centuries - that’s what racist, genocidal conservatives DO and they simply don’t know any better.
Labour, on the other hand, does know better but deliberately refashioned itself this century in the image of George W. Bush’s Racist Religious Right Republicans (R4s).
Unlike the many Germans who declared in 1945 that “we didn’t know”, Labour knew all too well what is it was doing when it invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Accordingly decent Brits should obviously vote #1 Liberal Democrat (or better still, Socialist) and at the very least “Put Labor Last”.
Ideally decent Brits should demand, like the late Harold Pinter, that the Labour war criminals be arraigned as war criminals (post-invasion violent and non-violent excess deaths in the Occupied Iraqi and Afghan Territories total 2.5 million and 4.5 million, respectively) (see "Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide": http://sites.google.com/site/muslim... ).
Unlike the UK, Australia has a preferential voting system – the voter has to number all the candidates for a seat in the House of Representatives in descending order of preference down from 1 (highest preference). If one candidate fails to get an absolute majority of over 50% of the votes, the second, third etc preferences are successively distributed starting with those supporting the least popular party.
Thus, for example, if the Liberal Party or National Party candidate of the so-called Coalition gained 45%, the Australian Labor Party (ALP) gained 45% and the Australian Greens gained 10% of the vote, then the Labor candidate would win if more than 50% of the Greens preferences favoured Labor – and indeed that was a significant reason for the Labor victory in the 2007 Federal elections under Kevin Rudd (now known as KRudd for his pro-coal policies).
However, after over 2 years of Labor inaction over man-made climate change Australian Greens voters and indeed many Labor voters are angry at their betrayal over climate change by the pro-coal Rudd Labor Australian Federal Government.
Indeed I believe that “who to put last” in the 2010 Australian Federal elections (extreme right wing Liberal-National Party Coalition Opposition or extreme right wing Labor Government, collectively known as the Lib-Labs) is THE big question for all thoughtful pro-environment, pro-Planet Australians in 2010.
I argue quantitatively “by the numbers” and qualitatively take my cue from top scientists (I have just entered my 5th decade as an academic teacher but my biggest lesson as a research scientist has been humility and respect for the wisdom of outstanding scientists, outstanding scientific organizations and outstanding scientific journals).
Furthermore, I door-knocked for Labor Leader Mr Whitlam in 1975, was a member of the Australian Labor Party (ALP) until it became a right wing, “All the way with the USA” “Another Liberal Party” shortly after the US-backed 1975 Coup, and have voted Labor all my life (I started voting Green in the Senate several elections ago and last election gave Labor my second preference after giving the Greens #1 in the Australian preferential voting system because it was apparent that 21st century Labor was an extreme right wing, pro-war, war criminal, Indigenous Human Rights-violating, pro-coal, climate criminal, ecocidal, ethnocidal, genocidal, and terracidal “Another Liberal Party” and indeed well to the right of the ultra-conservative Australian Liberal Party under Malcolm Fraser back in 1975).
There are 3 key climate policies advocated by top climate scientists, specifically:
1. no ETS (condemned as empirically unsuccessful, counterproductive and indeed fraudulent; for what top climate scientists and economist say against the ETS see: http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav... );
2. Direct Action on renewable energy, reforestation and biochar ASAP and cessation of GHG pollution ASAP to get atmospheric CO2 back to about 300 ppm ( for what top scientists say in support of this policy see: http://sites.google.com/site/300org... );
3. an accurate Carbon Price ASAP ($200 per tonne of carbon based solely on the risk-avoidance-based $50 billion cost of the 5,000 Australians who die from the effects of coal burning pollutants each year – as compared to Labor’s pathetic $10/tonne of carbon : http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav...).
How do the key parties score on this? The Australian Greens score 3/3, the Coalition scores 1/3 (generously 2/3 if their Direct Action really gets going) and pro-coal, climate criminal Labor scores 0/3.
“Reason” informed by the numbers and top scientists says that we are morally obliged to vote #1 Green and (as difficult as this is for longstanding Labor voters such as myself) Put Labor Last or as summarized by the acronym APPALL , Australian People Put Apartheid Labor Last.
The key arguments for this action to help save the Planet for out grandchildren are (1) the key strategy (as enunciated by one of Australia’s top Bridge and Corporate Business strategists) is that you must punish the incompetent incumbent and (2) it is not sensible to vote for a Labor Party that consistently betrays its own supporters.
Of course there are many other profound reasons why decent, anti-racist, pro-environment humanitarians can no longer even give Australian Labor a #2 preference.
Indeed in addition to Labor’s terracidal, climate criminal and climate genocidal policies (see: http://sites.google.com/site/climat... ) , there are some further major issues of Labor involvement in racism, theft and mass murder that are “lines in the sand” for decent folk like me – even giving Labor #2 preference after the Greens would be like spitting on my martyred relatives (only a dozen of whom to my knowledge survived Nazi-occupied Europe) e.g.
1. “Thou shalt not kill children”. Under Labor we are allied to cowardly mass paedocide and mass murderer Obama who kills an estimated 1,000 children EACH DAY in the overseas American Empire (see “Hey, hey, USA, how many kids did you kill today? Answer: 1,000”: http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ). The “annual death rate” is 7% for under-5 year old infants in Labor Australia-occupied Afghanistan as compared to 4% for Poles under the Nazis in WW2 or 5% for French Jews under the Nazis in WW2 (see “Polish Holocaust (1939-1945) & Afghan Holocaust (2001-) ”: http://gpolya.polls.newsvine.com/_n... ). Indeed Labor climate criminal policies are predicted to mean the avoidable death of 6 billion under-5 year old non-European infants this century (see” Climate Genocide”: http://sites.google.com/site/climat... ).
2. “Thou shalt not steal”. In particular people should not steal the Home, Land and indeed Country of others whether they be Jewish Hungarians (e.g. my variously butchered, exiled and dispossessed family), Indigenous Australians (currently being dispossessed by Apartheid Labor) or Indigenous Palestinians, Iraqi, Afghans, Somalis, Syrians, Lebanese and NW Pakistan Pashtuns. Thus outstanding Jewish American scholar Professor Jared Diamond who in his best-selling book "Collapse” (Prologue, p10, Penguin edition) enunciated the "moral principle, namely that it is morally wrong for one people to dispossess, subjugate, or exterminate another people" – an injunction grossly violated by the racist, genocide-committing and genocide-ignoring US Alliance, including the Apartheid Labor Party. KRudd has done one useful thing in his life and that has been to introduce the word “scum” into polite public discourse in describing those “people smugglers” who try to find safe haven for desperate refugees.- this raising the question of how then do you described those (including Apartheid Labor) who have been complicit in the generation of 20 million Muslim refugees (the breakdown being 7 million Palestinians, 5-6 million Iraqis, 3-4 million Afghans and 2.5 million NW Pakistan Pashtuns under war criminal Obama) (for details see “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide”: http://sites.google.com/site/muslim... ).
3. “Thou shalt not lie”. Further, one should not “slie” (a slie being a spin-based untruth of the kind beloved of major neocon parties in the politically correst racist (PC racist), democratic Nazi Western Murdochracies). Lying and slying simply short-circuits rational risk management that successively involves (a) accurate data , (b) scientific analysis and (c) systemic change to minimize risk. Rational risk management is all the more vital today as we face a worsening Climate Emergency and Climate Crisis. The Labor Government is committed to slying and lying by omission and commission Thus it continues to falsely state that “LNG is clean energy” (it isn’t – take it from me as a half century scientific career biological chemistry research scientist and 4 decade academic teacher than methane, CH4, generates more CO2 per unit weight than the burning of brown coal - roughly 2.8 tonnes CO2/tonne CH4 and 1.3 tonnes CO2 per tonne brown coal; see “Correcting the Australian Government - natural gas is NOT “clean energy””: http://www.openforum.com.au/natural... ).
4. “Zero tolerance for racism” . For anti-racist Jews and indeed all anti-racist humanitarians the core moral messages from the Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million dead, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) and from the more general WW2 European Holocaust (30 million Slav, Jewish and Gypsy dead) are “zero tolerance for racism”, “never again to anyone”, “bear witness” and “zero tolerance for lying” – sacred injunctions grossly violated by racist Apartheid Labor which is anti-Arab anti-Semitic (mass murder of Arabs and culturally Semitic Muslims) and also egregiously anti-Jewish anti-Semitic (false identification of all Jews with the crimes of Apartheid Israel and the pro-Zionist US Alliance) and which has also supported the race-based exclusion of Northern Territory Indigenous Australians from Labor Leader Mr Whitlam’s 1975 Racial Discrimination Act. As an an anti-racist Australian I am not waiting for racist Apartheid Labor to extend this to Jews, Armenians, Zoroastrians … or whoever. Voting for racist, war criminal Labour in the UK or even giving a second preference vote to Apartheid Labor in preferential voting in Australia is in my book what the Catholics call a “mortal sin”.
5. “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel” (Samuel Johnson, 7 April 1775) but responsible folk must support the security and well-being of their family, town, city and nation. Unfortunately Apartheid Labor has turned a blind eye to 50 ways in which a particular nuclear terrorist rogue state, racist Zionist-run Apartheid Israel, violates our border security, our laws and our reputation. Indeed Apartheid Labor has just signed a $349 million defence contract with Apartheid Israel, effectively allowing this rogue state of Apartheid Israel (a racist state with an appalling record of grossly violating the sovereignty of many European and non-European countries) into the heart of Australia’s security and border protection (see: http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... and http://sites.google.com/site/palest... ) i.e. Apartheid Labor places the interests of this racist, nuclear terrorist, Australia-violating rogue state of Apartheid Israel before the interests and security of Australians.
Of course one can argue that the Libs are actually worse than the Labs – but then in a spirit of brotherly generosity one must consider the counter-argument that for the Libs “God forgive them for they know not what they do” whereas pro-war, racist, anti-environment Apartheid Labor is deliberately and knowingly turning the anti-war, anti-racism and pro-environment policies of the 1960s and 1970s Whitlam Labor Party on its head.
And of course on the 3 key climate change policies the Greens score 3/3, the Coalition scores 1/3 (as a scientist and an academic I am encouraging them with facts and figures to score better) and climate criminal Apartheid Labor scores 0/3.
Pro-war, war criminal, pro-Business-As-Usual (BAU), anti-environment, climate criminal, pro-Zionist, anti-Arab anti-Semitic and anti-Jewish anti-Semitic Labour (Labor) in the UK and Australia should be returned to the Opposition benches, even if this means getting pro-war, war criminal, pro-Business-As-Usual (BAU), anti-environment, climate criminal, pro-Zionist, anti-Arab anti-Semitic and anti-Jewish anti-Semitic Conservative Governments. Put Labour Last in the UK and Put Labor Last in Apartheid Australia.