Climate racism, climate injustice & climate genocide - Australia, US & EU sabotage Copenhagen COP15
by : Dr Gideon Polya
Monday December 14, 2009 - 22:36
Australia, the US and the EU are sabotaging Copenhagen COP15 climate summit and sabotaging Climate Justice which requires (a) equal per capita GHG pollution for all men plus (b) a penalty for huge First World historical pollution (73% of 1750-2006 carbon pollution; see Dr James Hansen’s 2008 Open Letter to PM Kevin Rudd of Australia: http://www.aussmc.org.au/documents/... ).
In order to calculate “annual per capita GHG pollution” in “tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year” we can use data on the past and projected populations of Developed and Developing countries available from the UN Population Division (see: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ ) and data on the past and projected greenhouse gas emissions of Developed and Developing countries that is conveniently summarized by the US Environmental Protection Agency (see “Global Greenhouse Gas Data”: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/em... ).
Some of the major propositions at the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference are listed below in order of DECREASING acceptability. For ready comparison we will assume Bangladesh’s GHG per capita, currently 0.9, will be 1 tonne CO2-equivalent per erson per year by 2020. The most unjust and selfish proposals come from climate criminal Australia and the US.
1. The Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) proposal for "55% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their per capita would go from 16 to 6.5 [6.5 times Bangladesh’s] while Developing Countries would "in aggregate aim to achieve significant deviations [downwards] from baselines [BAU?] by 2020 [less than 3.8 i.e. less than 3.8 times Bangladesh’s?] (see New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
2. The UN Draft Proposal for "60-75% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their average per capita would go from 16 to 7.1 – 8.9 in 2020 [7.1-8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
3. India has recently committed that it will not exceed the average per capita for Developed Countries which meansthat its per capita will increase on current projections from 2.2 to at most 8.9 by 2020 [see item #2; 8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see: http://www.carbonoffsetsdaily.com/i... ).
4. China, notwithstanding its rapid uptake of renewable energy and its commitment to reduce carbon emissions per unit of gross domestic product (GDP) by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, has a greenhouse gas pollution that is predicted to double by 2020 relative to the 2005 value according to various Western experts (see: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009121... ). This means China’s per capita will increase from circa 6 to a per capita of 2 x 7,527 Mt CO2-e/1,431 million persons = 10.5 [10.5 times Bangladesh’s] (for GHG data see: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL34... ).
5. Obama USA’s proposal for "83% of 1990 value by 2020" would mean that its per capita would go from 27 to 0.83 x 5,177 Mt CO2-e / 346 million persons = 12.4 in 2020 [12.4 times Bangladesh’s] (for 1990 GHG data see: https://www.tai.org.au/documents/dp... ).
6. Australia’s highly conditional best offer of "75% of 2000 value by 2020" would mean that Australia’s domestic per capita would go from 30 to 17.2 in 2020 [17.2 times that of Bangladesh] (and its domestic plus exported per capita would go from 54 to 62 tonnes CO2-e per person per year in 2020 [62 times that of Bangladesh]).
For a detailed and documented analysis see "Copenhagen Greenhouse Gas reduction proposals - quantitative comparisons", placed on the Web by the Melbourne-based Yarra Valley Climate Action Group: http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav... .
It seems likely that the US surrogate, climate criminal Apartheid Australia, will succeed in sabotaging the Copenhagen Climate Conference - just as it helped the US sabotage the previous Kyoto (1997), Bali (2007) and Poznan (2009) Climate Conferences.
The people of Tuvalu and other Island Nations are ALREADY going under the sea but the greedy First World nations at Copenhagen, led by climate criminal Australia, have ignored their pleas.
Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming – these estimates translating to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims, 2 billion Indians, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis (see: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/20... and http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ).
The World must respond to this Australian, US, Anglo-American and EU climate racism, climate injustice and worsening climate genocide of non-Europeans by Sanctions, Boycotts, Green Tariffs, Reparations Demands and International Criminal Court prosecutions against the people, politicians, corporations and countries complicit in the worsening climate genocide.
THE TRUE WAR ON CHRISTMAS
Thursday 5 - 01:17by David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
Insurgency Responsible for Civilian Plight of Syrians
Wednesday 4 - 10:52by Nicola Nasser
Huge child abuse by pro-war, pro-Zionist, Australian Coalition Governments
Tuesday 3 - 15:10by Dr Gideon Polya
why we don’t really need more taxes
Tuesday 3 - 13:40by ART
letter of december to the President Obama
Monday 2 - 13:47by kakine
10 More Years in Afghanistan
Saturday 30 - 22:27by David Swanson
Obama’s ‘Big Prize’ to Earn Nobel Peace Prize
Wednesday 27 - 10:12by Nicola Nasser
TRUTH IN THE REAL WORLD—THE JFK ASSASSINATION
Wednesday 20 - 21:21by Richard John Stapleton
Syria, Egypt Reveal Erdogan’s ‘Hidden Agenda’
Wednesday 20 - 10:37by Nicola Nasser
DISHONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY
Tuesday 19 - 12:56by David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
Demonstrate against Drones
Tuesday 19 - 09:07by London
THE CBS WHITEWASH OF THE JFK ASSASSINATION
Sunday 17 - 21:34by Richard John Stapleton
TIME WOUNDS ALL HEELS: WHAT TORONTO’S ROB FORD FIASCO IS ABOUT AND WHAT WE CAN L
Sunday 17 - 21:32by JOHN CHUCKMAN
THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT—NO GAIN WITHOUT PAIN
Friday 15 - 16:25by Richard John Stapleton
All Drone Politics Is Local
Friday 15 - 09:35by David Swanson
International Anti-War Conference: speakers and sessions announced
Thursday 14 - 09:02by Stop the War Coalition
Sorry, Venezuela haters: this economy is not the Greece of Latin America
Thursday 14 - 08:59by Mark Weisbrot
A VAST WASTELAND OF EFFORT SPENT: AMERICA’S RAMPAGE THROUGH THE MIDDLE EAST
Wednesday 13 - 19:27by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Committees of Correspondence: To Defend Freedom and Secure Good Government
Wednesday 13 - 16:36by William John Cox
Libya almost Imploding, Status Quo Unsustainable
Wednesday 13 - 09:32by Nicola Nasser
Michelle Bachelet Favored to Win in Chilean Presidential Election
Tuesday 12 - 23:41by Brian McAfee
Paying the Toll On the Economic Highway
Friday 8 - 16:45by William John Cox
120 reasons Australians should dump pro-war, pro-Zionist, US lackey Coalition
Friday 8 - 10:21by Dr Gideon Polya
Slavery Isn’t a Thing of the Past
Thursday 7 - 11:01by Nicholas D. Kristof
Drones from the Other Side
Thursday 7 - 10:33by David Swanson
6.6 Million Children Under the Age of Five Died Last Year Mostly from Easily Tr
Thursday 7 - 01:53by Brian McAfee
HOW AMERICA LEARNED TO PLAY GOD
Wednesday 6 - 19:14by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Saudis Fight a Lost Battle against Change
Wednesday 6 - 08:22by Nicola Nasser
letter of november to the President Obama
Saturday 2 - 17:01by kakine
Argentines link health problems to Monsanto agrochemicals
Wednesday 30 - 21:28by MICHAEL WARREN and NATACHA PISARENKO
Drying up Ideological Wellsprings of Arab – Israeli Conflict
Wednesday 30 - 11:08by Nicola Nasser
CUTTING THE MIDDLE EAST’S GORDIAN KNOT: WHY ISRAEL CANNOT SURVIVE IN ITS PRESENT
Monday 28 - 14:59by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Why I Hate Google+ (No Really)
Saturday 26 - 21:50by WireNews+Co
Zionist Australian Government threatens anti-racist Jewish academics over BDS
Wednesday 23 - 09:26by Dr Gideon Polya
Bomb Syria? It Probably Can’t be Done
Saturday 19 - 19:53by Bob Nichols, Project Censored Winner
Canada’s Gone Fracking Nuts: Violent RCMP Raid on Indigenous Protesters
Saturday 19 - 08:39by Johnny Canuck
Republican Imbeciles Strike Out- Yet Again
Thursday 17 - 03:36by Son of a Bush
WHAT AMERICA HAS BECOME
Wednesday 16 - 20:35by JOHN CHUCKMAN
THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA
Wednesday 16 - 09:23by David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
Christopher Columbus and Genocide
Tuesday 15 - 02:39by BenAMarine