Climate racism, climate injustice & climate genocide - Australia, US & EU sabotage Copenhagen COP15
by : Dr Gideon Polya
Monday December 14, 2009 - 22:36
Australia, the US and the EU are sabotaging Copenhagen COP15 climate summit and sabotaging Climate Justice which requires (a) equal per capita GHG pollution for all men plus (b) a penalty for huge First World historical pollution (73% of 1750-2006 carbon pollution; see Dr James Hansen’s 2008 Open Letter to PM Kevin Rudd of Australia: http://www.aussmc.org.au/documents/... ).
In order to calculate “annual per capita GHG pollution” in “tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year” we can use data on the past and projected populations of Developed and Developing countries available from the UN Population Division (see: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ ) and data on the past and projected greenhouse gas emissions of Developed and Developing countries that is conveniently summarized by the US Environmental Protection Agency (see “Global Greenhouse Gas Data”: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/em... ).
Some of the major propositions at the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference are listed below in order of DECREASING acceptability. For ready comparison we will assume Bangladesh’s GHG per capita, currently 0.9, will be 1 tonne CO2-equivalent per erson per year by 2020. The most unjust and selfish proposals come from climate criminal Australia and the US.
1. The Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) proposal for "55% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their per capita would go from 16 to 6.5 [6.5 times Bangladesh’s] while Developing Countries would "in aggregate aim to achieve significant deviations [downwards] from baselines [BAU?] by 2020 [less than 3.8 i.e. less than 3.8 times Bangladesh’s?] (see New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
2. The UN Draft Proposal for "60-75% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their average per capita would go from 16 to 7.1 – 8.9 in 2020 [7.1-8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
3. India has recently committed that it will not exceed the average per capita for Developed Countries which meansthat its per capita will increase on current projections from 2.2 to at most 8.9 by 2020 [see item #2; 8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see: http://www.carbonoffsetsdaily.com/i... ).
4. China, notwithstanding its rapid uptake of renewable energy and its commitment to reduce carbon emissions per unit of gross domestic product (GDP) by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, has a greenhouse gas pollution that is predicted to double by 2020 relative to the 2005 value according to various Western experts (see: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009121... ). This means China’s per capita will increase from circa 6 to a per capita of 2 x 7,527 Mt CO2-e/1,431 million persons = 10.5 [10.5 times Bangladesh’s] (for GHG data see: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL34... ).
5. Obama USA’s proposal for "83% of 1990 value by 2020" would mean that its per capita would go from 27 to 0.83 x 5,177 Mt CO2-e / 346 million persons = 12.4 in 2020 [12.4 times Bangladesh’s] (for 1990 GHG data see: https://www.tai.org.au/documents/dp... ).
6. Australia’s highly conditional best offer of "75% of 2000 value by 2020" would mean that Australia’s domestic per capita would go from 30 to 17.2 in 2020 [17.2 times that of Bangladesh] (and its domestic plus exported per capita would go from 54 to 62 tonnes CO2-e per person per year in 2020 [62 times that of Bangladesh]).
For a detailed and documented analysis see "Copenhagen Greenhouse Gas reduction proposals - quantitative comparisons", placed on the Web by the Melbourne-based Yarra Valley Climate Action Group: http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav... .
It seems likely that the US surrogate, climate criminal Apartheid Australia, will succeed in sabotaging the Copenhagen Climate Conference - just as it helped the US sabotage the previous Kyoto (1997), Bali (2007) and Poznan (2009) Climate Conferences.
The people of Tuvalu and other Island Nations are ALREADY going under the sea but the greedy First World nations at Copenhagen, led by climate criminal Australia, have ignored their pleas.
Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming – these estimates translating to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims, 2 billion Indians, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis (see: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/20... and http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ).
The World must respond to this Australian, US, Anglo-American and EU climate racism, climate injustice and worsening climate genocide of non-Europeans by Sanctions, Boycotts, Green Tariffs, Reparations Demands and International Criminal Court prosecutions against the people, politicians, corporations and countries complicit in the worsening climate genocide.
Israeli attack on Syria is a provocation against Russia
Wednesday 22 - 18:11by by Guennadi Ziouganov
IRS Scandal Headlines: More Than Meets the Eye
Wednesday 22 - 15:18by by Stephen Lendman
What’s Wrong With Bitcoin
Wednesday 22 - 13:08by The Cerebral Aesthetic Vagabond
37 low-cost ways to overcome Australian Educational Apartheid & social inequity
Wednesday 22 - 12:49by Dr Gideon Polya
WARNING TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE
Tuesday 21 - 12:30
Why Israelis Assassinated John and Robert Kennedy
Tuesday 21 - 10:16
The return of the Russian Med fleet is a warning for Israel
Monday 20 - 23:24by By Jim W. Dean
UN tells Israel to let in nuclear inspectors
Monday 20 - 12:58
MI5 files: Zionist terrorist plotted to kill Winston Churchill
Monday 20 - 12:34by By Duncan Gardham
Release of Two Books on the Same Day Recall the Aerial Massacre in Laos Fifty Ye
Monday 20 - 03:29by Nick
Sunday 19 - 20:02
Legally, Morally, and Ethnically Israel Has No Right To Exist
Sunday 19 - 01:36
Vladimir Putin Nemesis of the New World Order
Saturday 18 - 14:12
2300 yr old Mayan pyramid bulldozed for road rock
Wednesday 15 - 19:31by Amerikagulag
American Republic Army to surround White House for 3 days
Tuesday 14 - 16:39by William Morgan
Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
Tuesday 14 - 15:32by Brother Nathanael
McDonald’s Closes All Their Restaurants in Bolivia (video)
Tuesday 14 - 11:16
When Society Breaks Down
Monday 13 - 22:25by by Zen Gardner
Israel’s Act of War Against Syria—Madness or Cold Calculation?
Monday 13 - 14:31by by F. William Engdahl
Syria denies involvement in Turkey’s Reyhanli car bombings
Sunday 12 - 19:28
AIPAC — The Israeli Lobby
Sunday 12 - 19:07
Everything you wanted to know about how Zionists control US policy
Sunday 12 - 18:54by by Malooga
Everything you wanted to know about how Zionists control US policy
Sunday 12 - 16:21by by Malooga
Launch the International Diplomatic Mission of Islamic Human Rights
Sunday 12 - 10:16by Gaza News
UN’s Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels ’used sarin’ (video)
Saturday 11 - 12:06
Canada: Harper’s Conservatives Promote Military Ties to Israel
Saturday 11 - 10:21by Johnny Canuck
The US government might be the biggest hacker in the world
Friday 10 - 22:19
US Watchdog Turns Blind Eye to Israel’s Religious Rights Violations
Thursday 9 - 23:22by by Stuart Littlewood
Putin, a thorn in Washington’s flesh
Thursday 9 - 17:54by by F. William Engdahl
Putin’s Geopolitical Chess Game with Washington in Syria and Eurasia
Thursday 9 - 17:48by by F. William Engdahl
Zionist terrorist attack in Moscow: Blast rips through Moscow bus on Victory Day
Thursday 9 - 17:31
Netanyahu summoned to China, Cabal purge starts in the UK, what about the US?
Thursday 9 - 14:50
Technocracy’s Endgame: Global Smart Grid
Thursday 9 - 14:38
Gerald Celente on WW 3 - Middle East Out of Control
Thursday 9 - 14:27
White Slaughter in Black Africa: Dr Gerald Caplan & the Rwanda Genocide Cranks
Thursday 9 - 08:46by Johnny Canuck
See for Yourself: Syrian Government Likely Did Not Use Chemical Weapons
Thursday 9 - 00:57by WashingtonsBlog
Israel Supports Al Qaeda Operatives in Syria
Thursday 9 - 00:35by By Dmitriy Sedov
Happy Texas-Israel Day!
Thursday 9 - 00:02by Dr. Kevin Barrett
China says United States is real "hacking empire"
Wednesday 8 - 08:42
Candles in the Sun
Wednesday 8 - 04:45by BenAMarine