Climate racism, climate injustice & climate genocide - Australia, US & EU sabotage Copenhagen COP15
by : Dr Gideon Polya
Monday December 14, 2009 - 22:36
Australia, the US and the EU are sabotaging Copenhagen COP15 climate summit and sabotaging Climate Justice which requires (a) equal per capita GHG pollution for all men plus (b) a penalty for huge First World historical pollution (73% of 1750-2006 carbon pollution; see Dr James Hansen’s 2008 Open Letter to PM Kevin Rudd of Australia: http://www.aussmc.org.au/documents/... ).
In order to calculate “annual per capita GHG pollution” in “tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year” we can use data on the past and projected populations of Developed and Developing countries available from the UN Population Division (see: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ ) and data on the past and projected greenhouse gas emissions of Developed and Developing countries that is conveniently summarized by the US Environmental Protection Agency (see “Global Greenhouse Gas Data”: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/em... ).
Some of the major propositions at the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference are listed below in order of DECREASING acceptability. For ready comparison we will assume Bangladesh’s GHG per capita, currently 0.9, will be 1 tonne CO2-equivalent per erson per year by 2020. The most unjust and selfish proposals come from climate criminal Australia and the US.
1. The Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) proposal for "55% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their per capita would go from 16 to 6.5 [6.5 times Bangladesh’s] while Developing Countries would "in aggregate aim to achieve significant deviations [downwards] from baselines [BAU?] by 2020 [less than 3.8 i.e. less than 3.8 times Bangladesh’s?] (see New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
2. The UN Draft Proposal for "60-75% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their average per capita would go from 16 to 7.1 – 8.9 in 2020 [7.1-8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
3. India has recently committed that it will not exceed the average per capita for Developed Countries which meansthat its per capita will increase on current projections from 2.2 to at most 8.9 by 2020 [see item #2; 8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see: http://www.carbonoffsetsdaily.com/i... ).
4. China, notwithstanding its rapid uptake of renewable energy and its commitment to reduce carbon emissions per unit of gross domestic product (GDP) by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, has a greenhouse gas pollution that is predicted to double by 2020 relative to the 2005 value according to various Western experts (see: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009121... ). This means China’s per capita will increase from circa 6 to a per capita of 2 x 7,527 Mt CO2-e/1,431 million persons = 10.5 [10.5 times Bangladesh’s] (for GHG data see: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL34... ).
5. Obama USA’s proposal for "83% of 1990 value by 2020" would mean that its per capita would go from 27 to 0.83 x 5,177 Mt CO2-e / 346 million persons = 12.4 in 2020 [12.4 times Bangladesh’s] (for 1990 GHG data see: https://www.tai.org.au/documents/dp... ).
6. Australia’s highly conditional best offer of "75% of 2000 value by 2020" would mean that Australia’s domestic per capita would go from 30 to 17.2 in 2020 [17.2 times that of Bangladesh] (and its domestic plus exported per capita would go from 54 to 62 tonnes CO2-e per person per year in 2020 [62 times that of Bangladesh]).
For a detailed and documented analysis see "Copenhagen Greenhouse Gas reduction proposals - quantitative comparisons", placed on the Web by the Melbourne-based Yarra Valley Climate Action Group: http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav... .
It seems likely that the US surrogate, climate criminal Apartheid Australia, will succeed in sabotaging the Copenhagen Climate Conference - just as it helped the US sabotage the previous Kyoto (1997), Bali (2007) and Poznan (2009) Climate Conferences.
The people of Tuvalu and other Island Nations are ALREADY going under the sea but the greedy First World nations at Copenhagen, led by climate criminal Australia, have ignored their pleas.
Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming – these estimates translating to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims, 2 billion Indians, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis (see: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/20... and http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ).
The World must respond to this Australian, US, Anglo-American and EU climate racism, climate injustice and worsening climate genocide of non-Europeans by Sanctions, Boycotts, Green Tariffs, Reparations Demands and International Criminal Court prosecutions against the people, politicians, corporations and countries complicit in the worsening climate genocide.
Fukushima: A River Runs Through It
Saturday 8 - 17:03by Bob Nichols, Project Censored Award Winner
HILLARY LIKENS PUTIN TO HITLER
Saturday 8 - 05:36by SON OF A BUSH
Polio Continues To Be A Major Threat For Millions Of Children
Saturday 8 - 00:39by Brian McAfee
The Dark Ages Have Descended Anew: No Truth Need Apply
Friday 7 - 22:01by Daniel Patrick Welch
Rule by oligarchs: Kiev appoints billionaires to govern east (video)
Friday 7 - 10:29
Kiev snipers hired by Maidan leaders - leaked EU’s Ashton phone tape (videos)
Thursday 6 - 10:42
Ukraine: Secretive Neo-Nazi Military Organization Involved in Euromaidan Snyper Shootings
Thursday 6 - 10:32by F. William Engdahl
Ukraine crisis: bugged call reveals conspiracy theory about Kiev snipers (video)
Thursday 6 - 08:41by Ewen MacAskill
The Lvov pogrom of 1941
Wednesday 5 - 09:35
In Birzeit, ‘Trigger Happy’ Israel Vindicates Amnesty’s Report
Wednesday 5 - 09:24by Nicola Nasser
CIA‘s Use of Nazi Strategy on Ukrainian Right-Wing Nationalists Unabated since Cold War
Wednesday 5 - 09:15by Wayne MADSEN
VLADIMIR PUTIN, THE WORLD’S LAST TRUE STATESMAN
Tuesday 4 - 15:40by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Apartheid Australia: false defamation of anti-racist Jews who support BDS
Tuesday 4 - 02:20by Dr Gideon Polya
US MEDIA : GIVING PROSTITUTION A BAD NAME
Tuesday 4 - 02:13by SON OF A BUSH
Blessing in disguise: Ukraine may be the last straw—if it doesn’t kill us all
Monday 3 - 22:38by Daniel Patrick Welch
News Ukraine The far right groups patrolling Kiev (video)
Monday 3 - 09:56
Ukrainian troops dispatched in Crimea switch to region’s side – sources
Monday 3 - 00:18
If the Defense Department’s Not Defensive, What Would Be?
Sunday 2 - 23:12by David Swanson
South Central US Poisoned by New Mexico Nuke Garbage Dump
Sunday 2 - 17:22by Bob Nichols, Project Censored Award Winner
Worst Man for the Job : What the Hell is Obama Thinking?
Saturday 1 - 23:57by Daniel Patrick Welch
RUSSIA TO INVADE UKRAINE
Saturday 1 - 21:39by Son OF A BUSH
Letter of march to Obama.
Saturday 1 - 09:09by kakine
On Making Earthian Life Fairer and Sustainable
Wednesday 26 - 17:13by Richard John Stapleton
Imperial Overstretch Olympics: The West and Ukraine
Tuesday 25 - 01:08by Daniel Patrick Welch
Imperial Overstretch Olympics: As sun sets on beautiful Sochi, jealous west take
Tuesday 25 - 01:03by Daniel Patrick Welch
Kharkov 3000 people and protect the statue of Lenin still standing (video)
Tuesday 25 - 00:23
IF UKRAINE GOES
Tuesday 25 - 00:16by SON OF A BUSH
Ukrainian “Parliament” drops Mask, reveals Fascist Nature
Monday 24 - 16:10
Odessa condemns Euro-fascism (video)
Monday 24 - 13:49
Soon, the Battle for Venezuela
Monday 24 - 12:56by ANDRE VLTCHEK
US /EU Are Erecting A Nazi Regime On Ukrainian Territory
Monday 24 - 06:07by Johnny Canuck
Review: "Wanting" by Richard Flanagan - UK Tasmanian Aboriginal Genocide exposed
Friday 21 - 23:42by Dr Gideon Polya
Imagine the shoe on the other foot
Friday 21 - 18:39by Daniel Patrick Welch
Egyptian historic breakthrough with Russia, not a strategic shift yet
Friday 21 - 08:09by Nicola Nasser
Why We Need Tenure in Colleges and Universities
Thursday 20 - 16:10by Richard John Stapleton
Problems Managing Colleges and Universities
Wednesday 19 - 15:43by Richard John Stapleton
BEWARE THE BANKSTER’S BAIL IN
Tuesday 18 - 18:15by SON OF A BUSH
Canada Welcomes Mossad Assassin, Offers Him New Identity
Monday 17 - 11:50by Johnny Canuck
UNDERSTANDING MODERN ISRAEL: WHY IT IS DRIVING THE WORLD TOWARDS MADNESS
Sunday 16 - 17:32by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Continuing Aboriginal Genocide & Aboriginal Ethnocide by Apartheid Australia
Sunday 16 - 04:39by Dr Gideon Polya