Climate racism, climate injustice & climate genocide - Australia, US & EU sabotage Copenhagen COP15
by : Dr Gideon Polya
Monday December 14, 2009 - 22:36
Australia, the US and the EU are sabotaging Copenhagen COP15 climate summit and sabotaging Climate Justice which requires (a) equal per capita GHG pollution for all men plus (b) a penalty for huge First World historical pollution (73% of 1750-2006 carbon pollution; see Dr James Hansen’s 2008 Open Letter to PM Kevin Rudd of Australia: http://www.aussmc.org.au/documents/... ).
In order to calculate “annual per capita GHG pollution” in “tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year” we can use data on the past and projected populations of Developed and Developing countries available from the UN Population Division (see: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ ) and data on the past and projected greenhouse gas emissions of Developed and Developing countries that is conveniently summarized by the US Environmental Protection Agency (see “Global Greenhouse Gas Data”: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/em... ).
Some of the major propositions at the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference are listed below in order of DECREASING acceptability. For ready comparison we will assume Bangladesh’s GHG per capita, currently 0.9, will be 1 tonne CO2-equivalent per erson per year by 2020. The most unjust and selfish proposals come from climate criminal Australia and the US.
1. The Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) proposal for "55% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their per capita would go from 16 to 6.5 [6.5 times Bangladesh’s] while Developing Countries would "in aggregate aim to achieve significant deviations [downwards] from baselines [BAU?] by 2020 [less than 3.8 i.e. less than 3.8 times Bangladesh’s?] (see New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
2. The UN Draft Proposal for "60-75% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their average per capita would go from 16 to 7.1 – 8.9 in 2020 [7.1-8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
3. India has recently committed that it will not exceed the average per capita for Developed Countries which meansthat its per capita will increase on current projections from 2.2 to at most 8.9 by 2020 [see item #2; 8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see: http://www.carbonoffsetsdaily.com/i... ).
4. China, notwithstanding its rapid uptake of renewable energy and its commitment to reduce carbon emissions per unit of gross domestic product (GDP) by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, has a greenhouse gas pollution that is predicted to double by 2020 relative to the 2005 value according to various Western experts (see: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009121... ). This means China’s per capita will increase from circa 6 to a per capita of 2 x 7,527 Mt CO2-e/1,431 million persons = 10.5 [10.5 times Bangladesh’s] (for GHG data see: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL34... ).
5. Obama USA’s proposal for "83% of 1990 value by 2020" would mean that its per capita would go from 27 to 0.83 x 5,177 Mt CO2-e / 346 million persons = 12.4 in 2020 [12.4 times Bangladesh’s] (for 1990 GHG data see: https://www.tai.org.au/documents/dp... ).
6. Australia’s highly conditional best offer of "75% of 2000 value by 2020" would mean that Australia’s domestic per capita would go from 30 to 17.2 in 2020 [17.2 times that of Bangladesh] (and its domestic plus exported per capita would go from 54 to 62 tonnes CO2-e per person per year in 2020 [62 times that of Bangladesh]).
For a detailed and documented analysis see "Copenhagen Greenhouse Gas reduction proposals - quantitative comparisons", placed on the Web by the Melbourne-based Yarra Valley Climate Action Group: http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav... .
It seems likely that the US surrogate, climate criminal Apartheid Australia, will succeed in sabotaging the Copenhagen Climate Conference - just as it helped the US sabotage the previous Kyoto (1997), Bali (2007) and Poznan (2009) Climate Conferences.
The people of Tuvalu and other Island Nations are ALREADY going under the sea but the greedy First World nations at Copenhagen, led by climate criminal Australia, have ignored their pleas.
Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming – these estimates translating to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims, 2 billion Indians, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis (see: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/20... and http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ).
The World must respond to this Australian, US, Anglo-American and EU climate racism, climate injustice and worsening climate genocide of non-Europeans by Sanctions, Boycotts, Green Tariffs, Reparations Demands and International Criminal Court prosecutions against the people, politicians, corporations and countries complicit in the worsening climate genocide.
Israeli Gaza Massacre: Nobel Laureates & others call for arms embargo on Israel
Monday 21 - 02:44by Dr Gideon Polya
Escalation of Shelling in Eastern Ukraine by Kviv After Tragic Crash...
Sunday 20 - 20:11by Roger Annis
Malaysian Airlines MH17 atrocity & ongoing Apartheid Israeli Gaza Massacre
Saturday 19 - 03:56by Dr Gideon Polya
On How Reality Happens
Tuesday 15 - 15:50by Richard John Stapleton
Liberalness Gone Amuck
Sunday 13 - 13:56by WireNews+Co
The world must stop Apartheid Israel’s latest massacre of Palestinians in Gaza
Saturday 12 - 09:20by Dr Gideon Polya
REVOLT (peacefully): Open Letter to Young People over $220 trillion Carbon Debt
Friday 11 - 02:58by Dr Gideon Polya
$10 trillion per year increased Carbon Debt for young people & doomed (?) planet
Tuesday 8 - 02:52by Dr Gideon Polya
Truth Crushed to Earth: Why Ukraine, as part of a global struggle, won’t be solv
Monday 7 - 21:57by Daniel Patrick Welch
Monday 7 - 09:51by
letter of july to president Obama
Friday 4 - 21:41by kakine
Horrendous global deaths means make Fourth of July Independence from America Day
Friday 4 - 09:09by Dr Gideon Polya
BOYCOTT HOBBY LOBBY
Thursday 3 - 04:30by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
A report on the Hindu nationalist circuit in the United States
Tuesday 1 - 11:51
THE SUPREME COURT OF THE CORPORATE INTERESTS
Tuesday 1 - 02:16by David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
Important book review: "Capital in the Twenty-First Century" by Thomas Piketty
Tuesday 1 - 01:26by Dr Gideon Polya
4% pa Global Wealth Tax to stop the 17M pa Global Avoidable Mortality Holocaust
Friday 27 - 09:30by Dr Gideon Polya
Was Invading Iraq the Worst Decision in US History?
Monday 23 - 21:43by Richard John Stapleton
IRAQ, ISIS, AND INTERVENTION: JUST WHAT IS GOING ON?
Saturday 21 - 15:37by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Iraqi hydrocarbon prize of U.S. invasion in danger
Friday 20 - 09:37by Nicola Nasser
Antagonizing Palestinians, Australia’s linguistic blunder snowballs
Tuesday 17 - 20:09by Nicola Nasser
THE WEST DECLARES on IRAQ
Monday 16 - 20:04by SON OF A BUSH
GENOCIDE, GREAT WARS, AND OTHER HUMAN DEPRAVITY
Monday 16 - 15:33by JOHN CHUCKMAN
The Jewish Plan For the Middle East and Beyond
Sunday 15 - 18:12by Gilad Atzmon
A Clear Message to ISIS Leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
Saturday 14 - 17:31by Willam Morgan
How long will we stay quiet?
Saturday 14 - 13:13by Just Wondering
Apartheid Australia backs Apartheid Israel & rejects term "Occupied"for OPT
Tuesday 10 - 09:44by Dr Gideon Polya
An Argument for Raising the Minimum Wage
Monday 9 - 22:44by Richard John Stapleton
Charles Thiemele & Damalex: the Ivory Coast Syndrome
Sunday 8 - 16:23by yoosth
AMERICA’S FEDERAL JUDICIARY: THE BEST "JUST US" MONEY CAN BUY
Saturday 7 - 07:57by David R. Hoffman, Pravda.Ru Legal Editor
Climate change inaction by pro-gas, climate criminal Obama’s coal-to-gas plan
Friday 6 - 01:11by Dr Gideon Polya
UNDERSTANDING ISRAEL’S CORROSIVE INFLUENCE ON WESTERN DEMOCRACY
Wednesday 4 - 17:17by JOHN CHUCKMAN
Pope’s unbalanced neutrality in Holy Land
Wednesday 4 - 07:10by Nicola Nasser
letter of june to President Obama
Saturday 31 - 08:12by kakine
Iran’s Winners and Losers: Sanctions, Consequences and Hassan Afrashtehpour
Wednesday 28 - 11:57by kanopia
Farcical ’elections’ in Ukraine
Monday 26 - 02:46by Daniel Patrick Welch
The ‘revolutionary’ face of the Syrian conflict
Friday 23 - 05:59by Nicola Nasser
Putin-Xi Huge Gas Deal Could End Dollar and US Domination
Tuesday 20 - 22:37by CLAYTON HALLMARK
UKRAINE : ARE THEY INSANE ?
Tuesday 20 - 00:24by SON OF A BUSH
New Urgencies For Solidarity With the Political Rebellion in Ukraine
Sunday 18 - 13:06by Johnny Canuck