Climate racism, climate injustice & climate genocide - Australia, US & EU sabotage Copenhagen COP15
by : Dr Gideon Polya
Monday December 14, 2009 - 22:36
Australia, the US and the EU are sabotaging Copenhagen COP15 climate summit and sabotaging Climate Justice which requires (a) equal per capita GHG pollution for all men plus (b) a penalty for huge First World historical pollution (73% of 1750-2006 carbon pollution; see Dr James Hansen’s 2008 Open Letter to PM Kevin Rudd of Australia: http://www.aussmc.org.au/documents/... ).
In order to calculate “annual per capita GHG pollution” in “tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year” we can use data on the past and projected populations of Developed and Developing countries available from the UN Population Division (see: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ ) and data on the past and projected greenhouse gas emissions of Developed and Developing countries that is conveniently summarized by the US Environmental Protection Agency (see “Global Greenhouse Gas Data”: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/em... ).
Some of the major propositions at the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference are listed below in order of DECREASING acceptability. For ready comparison we will assume Bangladesh’s GHG per capita, currently 0.9, will be 1 tonne CO2-equivalent per erson per year by 2020. The most unjust and selfish proposals come from climate criminal Australia and the US.
1. The Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) proposal for "55% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their per capita would go from 16 to 6.5 [6.5 times Bangladesh’s] while Developing Countries would "in aggregate aim to achieve significant deviations [downwards] from baselines [BAU?] by 2020 [less than 3.8 i.e. less than 3.8 times Bangladesh’s?] (see New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
2. The UN Draft Proposal for "60-75% of 1990 levels by 2020 for Developed Countries" would mean that their average per capita would go from 16 to 7.1 – 8.9 in 2020 [7.1-8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/1... ).
3. India has recently committed that it will not exceed the average per capita for Developed Countries which meansthat its per capita will increase on current projections from 2.2 to at most 8.9 by 2020 [see item #2; 8.9 times Bangladesh’s] (see: http://www.carbonoffsetsdaily.com/i... ).
4. China, notwithstanding its rapid uptake of renewable energy and its commitment to reduce carbon emissions per unit of gross domestic product (GDP) by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, has a greenhouse gas pollution that is predicted to double by 2020 relative to the 2005 value according to various Western experts (see: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009121... ). This means China’s per capita will increase from circa 6 to a per capita of 2 x 7,527 Mt CO2-e/1,431 million persons = 10.5 [10.5 times Bangladesh’s] (for GHG data see: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL34... ).
5. Obama USA’s proposal for "83% of 1990 value by 2020" would mean that its per capita would go from 27 to 0.83 x 5,177 Mt CO2-e / 346 million persons = 12.4 in 2020 [12.4 times Bangladesh’s] (for 1990 GHG data see: https://www.tai.org.au/documents/dp... ).
6. Australia’s highly conditional best offer of "75% of 2000 value by 2020" would mean that Australia’s domestic per capita would go from 30 to 17.2 in 2020 [17.2 times that of Bangladesh] (and its domestic plus exported per capita would go from 54 to 62 tonnes CO2-e per person per year in 2020 [62 times that of Bangladesh]).
For a detailed and documented analysis see "Copenhagen Greenhouse Gas reduction proposals - quantitative comparisons", placed on the Web by the Melbourne-based Yarra Valley Climate Action Group: http://sites.google.com/site/yarrav... .
It seems likely that the US surrogate, climate criminal Apartheid Australia, will succeed in sabotaging the Copenhagen Climate Conference - just as it helped the US sabotage the previous Kyoto (1997), Bali (2007) and Poznan (2009) Climate Conferences.
The people of Tuvalu and other Island Nations are ALREADY going under the sea but the greedy First World nations at Copenhagen, led by climate criminal Australia, have ignored their pleas.
Both Dr James Lovelock FRS (Gaia hypothesis) and Professor Kevin Anderson ( Director, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, University of Manchester, UK) have recently estimated that fewer than 1 billion people will survive this century due to unaddressed, man-made global warming – these estimates translating to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims, 2 billion Indians, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis (see: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/20... and http://bellaciao.org/en/spip.php?ar... ).
The World must respond to this Australian, US, Anglo-American and EU climate racism, climate injustice and worsening climate genocide of non-Europeans by Sanctions, Boycotts, Green Tariffs, Reparations Demands and International Criminal Court prosecutions against the people, politicians, corporations and countries complicit in the worsening climate genocide.
Paris: One step beyond in the systemic chaos
Monday 23 - 11:11by InfoAut
FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH IN PARIS AND THE UGLY TRUTH OF STATE TERROR
Thursday 19 - 20:08by JOHN CHUCKMAN
AFTER THE ATTACKS
Tuesday 17 - 23:07by CAPJPO-EuroPalestine
Terrorism victims file $3.4bn lawsuit against Bnp Paribas, violating sanctions
Sunday 15 - 00:18by Kevin Dugan
Slavery, corruption... Larsen & Toubro and Qatar have so much in common
Thursday 12 - 17:16by Robert Scott
Advisers Lock Horns in Yves Bouvier Art Fraud Battle
Thursday 15 - 18:04by GraemeListing72
Smashing the Abbas icon of Palestinian non – violence
Wednesday 14 - 11:42by Nicola Nasser
More Scud than BUK: Despite Fiery Rhetoric, West Beats Strategic Retreat on MH17
Tuesday 13 - 22:28by Daniel Patrick Welch
The Pornography of Hatred
Friday 9 - 19:45by William John Cox
You Mad, Bro? US resopnse to Russia’s Syria action is off the charts
Wednesday 7 - 20:07by Daniel Patrick Welch
Pope’s address to Bishops raises larger questions, contradictions in visit to US
Friday 25 - 14:04by Daniel Patrick Welch
Culture as merchandise, thanks to recent copyright reform
Monday 21 - 11:18by Isabel Adams
BIG DEMO IN PARIS ON SATURDAY FOR THE RIGHT OF RETURN FOR PALESTINIAN REFUGEES
Wednesday 16 - 18:45by CAPJPO-EuroPalestine
What Young Angolans Can Learn from Mirco Martins
Tuesday 15 - 23:52
Imperial arrogance spews from US mouthpieces—"warning" Russia on Ukraine, Syria
Tuesday 15 - 21:06by Daniel Patrick Welch
Wars of Opportunity: West and its gulf allies just won’t stop
Saturday 12 - 20:46by Daniel Patrick Welch
US claims Russia ’destabilizing Syria’ stand the truth on its head
Wednesday 9 - 23:46by Daniel Patrick Welch
AMERICA’S "JUSTICE" SYSTEM IS A LIE
Saturday 29 - 03:41by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
Mirco Martins helping Angola children with education foundation
Monday 24 - 23:13
Armed demonstrators protest Sandra Bland arrest, death
Friday 14 - 17:04by seattletimes
San Quintín Valley: From labor abuse to labor mobilization
Thursday 13 - 02:34by Guillermo Castillo
THE COUNTER-REFORM OF MICHOACÁN’S INDIGENOUS UNIVERSITY (1)
Wednesday 12 - 22:07
Rumored Sale of Banque Pasche to Banque Havilland
Monday 10 - 17:17by Bolton Rease
Unwelcome Truths for Church and State
Sunday 9 - 12:36by Gary G. Kohls, MD
Jose Gama questioning an unsurprising development
Friday 7 - 00:09by Cesar Amiente
Rests behind your border Erdogan !…
Tuesday 4 - 11:27by laurentgantner
Let’s raise our european OXI !
Monday 3 - 21:40by Blockupy International
UPDATE: Get somebody with a history, not an opportunist
Wednesday 29 - 06:38by Timbre Wolf
Between the democracy and the war, there is Recep Tayyip Erdogan…
Tuesday 28 - 20:58by laurentgantner
Luanda Poised to Take Its Place on the World Stage
Monday 27 - 22:51
Saturday 25 - 00:05by Timbre Wolf
Grexit, first Act
Friday 24 - 13:09by Raffaele Sciortino
Europe’s Impossible Dream
Tuesday 21 - 16:58by Paul Krugman
"The Streets Of Athens Will Fill With Tanks"
Tuesday 21 - 16:44by Tyler Durden
Who is Flavio Becca? The bricklayer who is about to crash
Monday 20 - 15:04
SCOTT WALKER: SATAN’S CANDIDATE
Sunday 19 - 02:21by David R. Hoffman, Legal Editor of Pravda.Ru
Greece, austerity and the questions to pose
Friday 17 - 22:34by InfoAut
Tomorrow (on Saturday) it will stay 48 hours in Alexeï Tsipras To create the BMG
Friday 17 - 17:03by laurentgantner
Meet Leonid Sedov, the young lawyer behind Ukraine’s corruption
Thursday 16 - 19:27by Oleg Karpov
Maka Angola and Rafael Marques should have nothing to hide from Angola’s NGO ref
Saturday 11 - 17:22by Celia Perron