Home > ARTISTS for RESALE RIGHT in EUROPE
ARTISTS for RESALE RIGHT in EUROPEby Open-Publishing - Wednesday 2 March 2011
CITIZEN CONTRIBUTIONS opened
until 11th of march 2011
Resale Right has been created to allow artists or their heirs to get some profit back from the resale of their works. Very often, artists sell low prices artworks which are resaled later much more expensive value.
All citizens and artists unions can contribute to the european consultation to promote resale right in all Europe. Contributions are particularly sought from artists, artists unions and collecting societies managing resale right royalties.
PROPOSITION for FAIR RESALES RIGHTS :
Consultation on the implementation and effect of the Resale Right Directive (2001/84/EC)
– I ask to uphold Resale Right’s application to every professionnal art dealer.
– I ask to apply Resale Right for every resale higher than 500 € (actualy 1000 €).
– I ask for a rate of 5% for the artist, since the works are resaled for less than 20 000 € (actualy 4%)
– I ask for an immediate application of the Resale Right into the whole european community, and international negociations outside Europe to promote the application of this right. (actualy not in all europeans countries, nighther China or USA)
– I ask that copyright and royalties collecting societies in visual arts may perceive Resale Rights when the author is not identified, to create a public mutual fund for living artists. (actualy sellers keep resale right when they don’t find the author...)
– I ask for the collection of a fee at a very low rate (0,1 %) on behalf of paying public domain, applied to every resale of no longer protected works, to provision the precedent public fund for living artists. Introduce this communal right would be urgent, since, in view of the structure of the art market, resale right favours often more the heirs than living authors.
– I ask for a contribution at a very low rate (0,1 %) to be repaid to the commun fund, applied to every resale higher than 50 000 €, to foster artistic creation.
object : Contribution from Citizen
THANKS FOR ACTING YOUR RIGHTS
Syndicat National des Artistes Plasticiens Cgt (FRANCE)
(national union of visual artists in french general labour confederation)
and please apologies this poor froggy language